• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Wallonie 2020

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
When I saw the course I thought they could have made it a little tougher, with one or two longer climbs, but I still didn't expect Démare to win. Well, I think he and his team deserved it because they were a strong collective and no one else really stood out. Démare could be a contender for green as well.

He won't be at the Tour, though.

It's only the very fluctuating Bennett and Ewan and a poor Viviani who will go for green, I think, so Sagan can't really avoid winning it.

Can't really argue with the FDJ performance here. Well done Demare.

Nice attempt to nick it by Gilbert too. But a bit disappointing from GVA. Thought CCC would break the duck here.

Really, when van Avermaet, after last season I think, said he had done his part and the team needed to up their game, I thought like "w**, how can you say that in public". (I still do.) But today I understood his frustration. He was strong, but the team, after working the whole day, was spent, and he had to climb, catch, ride on his own for a rather long time, while FDJ was then able to work for Démare.
Well, of course Démare is way more of a pure sprinter, so him surviving the hills after all is impressive in his own, but there was a time when he was at the back of the bunch and was then brought back by his team.
Gilbert was actually quite good in the end, I would have expected a bigger "jump" by Démare in comparison to him.

TRENDING THREADS