• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Wallonie Picarde - 29th September to 2nd October

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

strange strange tactics by sky. putting two men in breaks left them short handed for the sprint (they also lost Carlstrom yesterday).

Almost like they were all working for themselves as opposed to playing a team tactic (with the exception of stannard who worked his **** off)

A

Anonymous

TourOfSardinia said:
Nice one Robbie! - Shame I was out this Sunday afternoon.
Hope to highlights if/when they materialise.

just uploading final 20k now

TeamSkyFans said:
strange strange tactics by sky. putting two men in breaks left them short handed for the sprint (they also lost Carlstrom yesterday).

Almost like they were all working for themselves as opposed to playing a team tactic (with the exception of stannard who worked his **** off)
I don't find it strange at all, putting riders in the break meant they didn't have to work to bring it back.

A

Anonymous

maltiv said:
I don't find it strange at all, putting riders in the break meant they didn't have to work to bring it back.

But two riders, especially a leadout guy like Downing. There were other teams that would have worked the break back, shack for instance.

But anyway. :D

TeamSkyFans said:
But two riders, especially a leadout guy like Downing. There were other teams that would have worked the break back, shack for instance.

But anyway. :D
I don't think the leadout is the problem when your leadout man brings you to the lead with 100 meters to go. Can't really have a much better leadout than that! Sutton simply didn't have the legs (could barely keep Henderson's wheel).

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
mcewen making a good come back here. looking quite strong. he could do well in paris tours.

great to see Robbie doing well!! I don't think its a come back, just some nice results in the twilight of his career.

I would love to see him podium in Paris Tours but I just don't think so. hasn't had it against the stronger fields for a while.