• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Yorkshire 2019 route

It looks to be another cracker and, again, Halifax is the start of stage 4 ... which features Goose Eye and Park Rash again, before finishing in Leeds. There's a lot of unclassified climbing ... of course.
Stage one is a route around East Yorkshire and Humberside, with a finish amongst the splendour of York. Stage 2 is a South to North plod, with a circuit of the Worlds finish in Harrogate the highlight. Stage 3 is the, usually brutal, tour of the coast and North York Moors.
https://letour.yorkshire.com/tour-de-yorkshire-2019/mens-race/stage-4/map/

Always good action there but it is a bit disappointing that they have once again uses a Scarborough finish as with every edition so far. I know a race like this is influenced heavily by where the money and local council support is for the event so it is easy to understand.

The next step for this event is surely a summit finish on Holme Moss where 60,000 people camped out for several days to watch the TDF pass up the iconic climb back in 2014.

I will be roadside again for this but will wait for the full stage profiles to choose my vantage point.

TRENDING THREADS