• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Yorkshire 28/04/17 - 30/04/17 2.1

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
yaco said:
Excellent win by Bouhanni who is the most over-paid rider in the peleton - He needs to win at least one stage at the TDF to get somewhere near market value.
Over-paid I don't know, but he's undoubtedly the pinnacle of Cofidis sporting and marketing strategy and probably the best PCT rider at the moment.

He's absolutely over-paid - Allegedly receives 1.5m Euros.

Red Rick said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Hopefully this prompts them to come back to Halifax, there's about 10 nice little cobbled Flandrian-style bergs in the surrounding area.
Are they all as hard as the Shibden wall?

It seems to me that climbs are longer and steeper, but roads are a bit wider as well.
No, Shibden Wall's probably the 2nd hardest (after Trooper Lane) but there's a few more. Gibb Lane looks to be almost as hard. I did a cobbled madness Tour of Britain stage in the Race Design Thread here including several of them.

Red Rick said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Hopefully this prompts them to come back to Halifax, there's about 10 nice little cobbled Flandrian-style bergs in the surrounding area.

It seems to me that climbs are longer and steeper, but roads are a bit wider as well.
I forgot the name but there is one climb, I think in the east of Halifax, which is even harder than Shibden wall, but the road is probably a bit too narrow for a pro bike race.

Edit: I meant Trooper Lane, the climb Libertine just mentioned

Gigs_98 said:
Red Rick said:
Libertine Seguros said:

I forgot the name but there is one climb, I think in the east of Halifax, which is even harder than Shibden wall, but the road is probably a bit too narrow for a pro bike race.

Edit: I meant Trooper Lane, the climb Libertine just mentioned

There's Old Lane Luddenden too. And Heptonstall.