• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Down Stage 6: City of Adelaide 90km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
badboyberty said:
I've got a grudge against Rupert Murdoch so I hate to admit it, but I'm picking Sky for the win today. The entire team spent yesterday at the back of the peloton, so they should be pretty fresh. Columbia are all pretty knackered and Milram and Katushka are the only other sprinters' teams with as much to gain as Sky, but don't seem to have the organisation that Sky showed last Sunday.

Right team wrong sprinter... when Sutton was announced as the winner I thought, cool Garmin are one up on Sky again... then I remembered what colour his jersey is now:mad:.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Andre.J said:
What? No time trial? Amazing!!!

They should remove this event.

Andre
shipping of tt bikes, though i still think they could do a tt anyway
Ferminal said:
acf too busy dreaming of Cadel lapping everyone tomorrow :p

What a snorefest this will be.

Is it my duty to make the stage threads...? i wasn't dreaming of cadel but was washing my fluro pink underpants in time for today so i could run montefuore hill in my pink underpants...:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Was it? At the bottom of the 2nd climb?

I guess that's what happens when 9 times out of 10 they are referred to as "Lance Armstrong's Teammate".

Count how many times he says "front of the main field" or "lance armstrong"...

I watched the first 1/2 hour and last 1/2 hour of the race and i still found it boring (until cadel came on screen;))

Hmmmm - there's something fishy here (from the official website):

OFFICIAL RESULTS: Adelaide City Council Stage 6:

1:Chris Sutton (SKY),
2:Greg Henderson (SKY),
3:Graeme Brown (RAB),
4:Robbie McEwen (KAT),
5:Andre Greipel (THR),
6:Allan Davis (AST),
7:Matthew Goss (THR),
8:Allan Davis (AST)03,
9:Allan Davis (AST)7,
10:Allan Davis (AST)13

But it helps boost the number of Australians finishing in the top ten!

May 6, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

I watched the first 1/2 hour and last 1/2 hour of the race and i still found it boring (until cadel came on screen;))

Another classic is "in the sport of professional cycling".

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Well done by Sky. Great leadout, taking full advantage of the narrow roads and constant tight turns.

It didn't quite go to plan, but they still won, so it doesn't matter for them :)

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Ibanez said:
Well that was a better TDU then usual, if only for one stage. Greipel needs a new team he can't do B races any longer.

The Vuelta was a B race?

I don't disagree that he might be better served by going to be the primary sprinter on another team. But winning the points classification at the Vuelta isn't peanuts.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site

I watched the first 1/2 hour and last 1/2 hour of the race and i still found it boring (until cadel came on screen)
____

I recommend you watch cycling on the other non-Lance cycling TV. Or you can watch OLN muted and listen_to beginning Espanol tapes so that you will be able to watch and understand the Spainish feeds in Le Tour___

I thought the TDU is a showcase for Aussie tourism. That is good because I love Australia and Australians.______