• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Down Stage 6: City of Adelaide 90km

acf too busy dreaming of Cadel lapping everyone tomorrow :p

tdu10_map_stage6final_600.jpg

What a snorefest this will be.

A

Anonymous

Round and round they go, im not staying up for this one, doctors at 11am..

Sky to close the week as they finished with a win, Greipel too busy sitting in the middle of the feild thanking his teammates and raising his arms to bother contesting the sprint..

A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
Ah the last stage. They decided to finish with a real kicker... a 20x4.5k crit and a hump.
Next:
07 au 12/02 Tour du Qatar

Kings of the mountains point..
mate of mine checked it our earlier.. first 6 inches or so are pretty tough, about 9%, then it levels out for about 2ft, before a tricky 6" descent..
He seems to think it could be pretty decisive and will suit a pure climber. Not sure if the climb is long enough to create big gaps in the pack, but it should certainly surprise a few people..
11%20speed%20bump.jpg

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
A crit, yeah i think Sky take this one as Griepel does enough to take the tour down under in fine style. Having said that i'm not going to rule out Griepel. Could be a very tight sprint as everyone will want this win. It could make up the entire tour for some riders.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
mate of mine checked it our earlier.. first 6 inches or so are pretty tough, about 9%, then it levels out for about 2ft, before a tricky 6" descent..
He seems to think it could be pretty decisive and will suit a pure climber. Not sure if the climb is long enough to create big gaps in the pack, but it should certainly surprise a few people..

That's the proverbial 'calve-crusher' everyone has been fearing from the moment they announced the route. :D

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
11%20speed%20bump.jpg

OK no THAT is funny! :D

A

Anonymous

maltiv said:
Why isn't the last stage a short time trial (10 km or so)...atleast that would make it slightly interesting!

Because it would render the entire race pointless.. the top 20 riders are only 30 seconds apart, it basically turns the tour down under into a ten k time trial..
On the positive side, my money would be on big george for the win.

dimspace said:
Because it would render the entire race pointless.. the top 20 riders are only 30 seconds apart, it basically turns the tour down under into a ten k time trial..
On the positive side, my money would be on big george for the win.
well, the time differences aren't that great when it's only 10 km ITT, so anyone who's gained some bonus seconds on the previous stages would definitely get a huge advantage. LL Sanchez would've won then though.

A

Anonymous

maltiv said:
well, the time differences aren't that great when it's only 10 km ITT, so anyone who's gained some bonus seconds on the previous stages would definitely get a huge advantage. LL Sanchez would've won then though.

i disagree...

10k you looking at what, 7 minutes... i reckon big george could take 30s out of Greipel..

but it would render the entire race fairly pointless..

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Henderson today?

I've got a grudge against Rupert Murdoch so I hate to admit it, but I'm picking Sky for the win today. The entire team spent yesterday at the back of the peloton, so they should be pretty fresh. Columbia are all pretty knackered and Milram and Katushka are the only other sprinters' teams with as much to gain as Sky, but don't seem to have the organisation that Sky showed last Sunday.

It's not the most brilliant stage to watch on TV but with 30 seconds separating a huge chunk of the field there will be some despardo attacks coming into the finale.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
At least this stage won't be as bad as Tomalarsis blowing his load when he "interviewed" Lance Armstrong. It was so cringeworthy that I actually changed the channel because of the direness.

craig1985 said:
At least this stage won't be as bad as Tomalarsis blowing his load when he "interviewed" Lance Armstrong. It was so cringeworthy that I actually changed the channel because of the direness.

Was a blessing in disguise recording it and watching later (fast forward through all the crap). Only mention of Lancestrong was when Popo followed Evans' wheel for a bit.