• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Down Under - Stage 3: Unley to Stirling, 129km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
So LS asking an honest question and me giving an honest answer (helping out a fellow forumite) is flogging a dead horse.

You know very well that is different from trolling. Don't play dumb.

Both today and yesterday, LS advised everyone of how bored he is and how little he thinks of the race. That is not constructive contribution to the thread. It's grating conduct and it's the definition of trolling.

I agree - it's unecessary for someone to continually express their opinion in that manner if they are not actually going to take the time to follow the race.

However, different people find most races boring, and you shouldn't get too upset just because someone doesn't like your hometown race. You can go "troll" the Volta thread if you like and I'm sure LS would be happy to go over the finer points of why he finds the race exciting with you.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I agree - it's unecessary for someone to continually express their opinion in that manner if they are not actually going to take the time to follow the race.

However, different people find most races boring, and you shouldn't get too upset just because someone doesn't like your hometown race. You can go "troll" the Volta thread if you like and I'm sure LS would be happy to go over the finer points of why he finds the race exciting with you.

I think what he's saying is that if you find the race boring thats fine but there's no reason to go into the thread and slag it off. So if you don't like it ignore it.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
However, different people find most races boring, and you shouldn't get too upset just because someone doesn't like your hometown race.

I don't get upset when someone doesn't like my hometown race.

I do get upset when someone consistently and repeatedly trolls its threads and consistently and repeatedly denigrates it.

Ferminal said:
You can go "troll" the Volta thread if you like and I'm sure LS would be happy to go over the finer points of why he finds the race exciting with you.

No.

The definition of "troll" is quite clear. I try not to troll.

I'm all up for a joke. In fact, i'm a veritable barrel of laughs and fun. But "jokes" soon get old after they're made too often. That's when they turn into something else.

Bailey said:
I don't get upset when someone doesn't like my hometown race.

I do get upset when someone consistently and repeatedly trolls its threads and consistently and repeatedly denigrates it.

Actually, that is not a troll. That is simply "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all", that rule as far as I'm aware does not apply here, nor on most forums. You can say "not so nice" things all you want as long as you have a logical argument to back them up.

It's unnecessary, but it's not trolling.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
woodie said:
I think what he's saying is that if you find the race boring thats fine but there's no reason to go into the thread and slag it off. So if you don't like it ignore it.

Agreed. I think the continual sarcastic comments about the tour down under being such a boring race gets really old. Go post about something else. People have made points about how boring it is. That's alright but don't wreck it for others who are trying to enjoy it.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
OFFICIAL MODERATION STATEMENT:

"You think the TDU is too boring to pay attention to? Fine - don't pay attention to it. Get out of this thread and leave it to people that actually want to discuss the race."

I will be deleting off topic posts from this thread and will treat any further such off topic junk in these or other TDU stage threads harshly.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Interesting listening to the photo finish guy talk about some of the rules of time gaps and transponders.

Tim Roe, Martin Kohler and Angel Madrazo have attacked!

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing a very choppy radio signal on ABC Grandstand Digital? It's been quite bad for me, regardless of what I listen on.

I have reason to believe my radio signal is being hacked by anti-TDU hacktivists... ;o)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Izzy eviel said:
Were any cyclists unable to start today due to yesterday's crashes? I saw a BMC take a pretty hard fall, who was that? Is he ok?

Kristoff, though he didn't look too badly knocked up yesterday. Sutton and B sulzberger didn't start.

My radio feed is fine. I am listening on a digital radio.

Gap now 1 min 20 with, 1 circuit to go.

TRENDING THREADS