• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Down Under - Stage 3: Unley to Stirling, 129km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
well you'd expect that no?

It is odd how such an error occurred.
One moment cav was being touted as the main attraction of the race, the next they forget about him?

any video of the sprint?

Is anyone else finding SBS's coverage of the tdu very average? Just finding they are missing parts of the race.

better then all the other channels tho ;)
guess we gotta be grateful for what we get.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
well you'd expect that no?

It is odd how such an error occurred.
One moment cav was being touted as the main attraction of the race, the next they forget about him?

any video of the sprint?

better then all the other channels tho ;)
guess we gotta be grateful for what we get.

I guess you are right. Just though the missed some attacks, didn't mention significant breakaways, etc.

They are a low budget tv station.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Me either. The win at Algarve last year was a great win.

Is anyone else finding SBS's coverage of the tdu very average? Just finding they are missing parts of the race.

EDIT: btw, If Matthews didn't muck around on the finish with his silly celebration he could of got a time gap.

I presume it is the same package as we are getting on sky? and yes, they make even the most exciting race dull. We just get a few random shots of cyclists, no distances are mentioned, then, suddenly a sprint for the line.

theyoungest said:
Not really, I did find this though. ACF doesn't like the celebration... now just wait for his reaction if Kristoff ever celebrates a stage win like this ;)

(let's hope for his sake that the wait won't be too long)

THAT is the "Bling Boogie"? :confused:

Pathetic. Must try harder. Even jazz hands would be better than that.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Nice finish by Matthews, Goss must have good form to get to the front after the puncture.. he's going like train.

David Mckenzie (Linda McCartney team Giro stage winner) interviewed after the race. I always wondered what happened to him.

A

Anonymous

Cobblestoned said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhh. I just wanted to ask after searching for nearly 30 min.
Thank you.

ours dont show up on searches ;)

Couple of reasons. firstly the (c) side. We are one of the favoured ones with uploads of over 15 minutes and good standing. Intend to keep it that way, so we initially make videos private, and just put links out. Then a few weeks after we move them to public.
Second, its the fansites youtube, and we are trying to drive traffic to the site rather than the youtube account.
i do email steephill after weve put vids up though.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
ours dont show up on searches ;)

Couple of reasons. firstly the (c) side. We are one of the favoured ones with uploads of over 15 minutes and good standing. Intend to keep it that way, so we initially make videos private, and just put links out. Then a few weeks after we move them to public.
Second, its the fansites youtube, and we are trying to drive traffic to the site rather than the youtube account.
i do email steephill after weve put vids up though.

Yes, they are missing there. steephill seem to be on the radar this season. :D
Good tactics anyway.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
One Aussie sprinter waning (McEwen though he is still doing well in this race) and a new Aussie sprinter taking over. I just wish he was on my CQ team as he could get some chances this year. Who else does Rabo have for sprinters?? Brownie and Bos??

Rocksteady said:
One Aussie sprinter waning (McEwen though he is still doing well in this race) and a new Aussie sprinter taking over. I just wish he was on my CQ team as he could get some chances this year. Who else does Rabo have for sprinters?? Brownie and Bos??
Freire, Breschel, Vermeltfoort. Brown won't be racing for himself much, he'll be a leadout for Bos (which he already was in a few races last year, without meaning to ;))

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Rocksteady said:

They have some raw talent there.
As the Youngest said Brown may have to resort to some lead out duties as I dont think he has quite the speed of Matthews or Bos. He was in a great position in stage 2 behind race winner Ben Swift but just went backwards.

Freire for the harder/longer races so Rabo are looking good..

TeamSkyFans said:

That was great. Just too bad I didn't find it before I knew the results :/
Just found that strange short summary on worldcyclingchannel 3 which was useless.

Can you give these videos proper names next time?:)
Like "Tour Down Under 2011 Stage 3 summary" or something.

Edit: Nvm. Just read your post about copyright.
Is there any way to find your video before coming over here? I don't like to know the results before watching these vids you know :)

Impressive win by Matthews.
Huge talent it seems. I'm really curious what he's going to show us this year. He's so incredibly versatile. Very decent climber, very decent TT and a fast finish. If he can keep on improving he's going to win a lot of races.

TRENDING THREADS