Tour Down Under - Stage 5: McLaren Vale - Wilunga, 131km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
ingsve said:
Did teh Greipel/Davis group catch up or was there still a gap?
No they didn't If the stage was another 5km long, they more then likely would have bridged the gap.

Jul 5, 2009
Exciting tussle! Peloton strung out to ******y. A pleasure to watch. Matthews looked SPENT! He was heaving for breath after the finish. Deep into the red zone. Outstanding effort.

Mar 15, 2009
TeamSkyFans said:
was it just me ,or did the finish come from nowhere. wtf.
Absolutely, P&P still talking about the bigger group catching the leaders as if there was a distance to go, then suddenly a shot from the finishing line showing that the Euskaltel riding I thought was heroically going to try to stay away the line few k was just the first guy to start the sprint.

Terrible coverage.

hoolaparara said:
Absolutely, P&P still talking about the bigger group catching the leaders as if there was a distance to go, then suddenly a shot from the finishing line showing that the Euskaltel riding I thought was heroically going to try to stay away the line few k was just the first guy to start the sprint.

Terrible coverage.
Was there a Flamme Rouge? I was wondering how long to go (thinking it was 2-3km) and all of a sudden the 200m signs came past and the sprint opened up.

Jan 11, 2010
Maybe it's fair to say that Rabo have shot themselves in the foot, with LTD helping the break yesterday. Matthews would have really had a chance to win the overall. But then again, maybe today's stage wouldn't have been raced as hard.

Jun 16, 2009
Ferminal said:
He wasn't even close to the front, pretty obvious he was suffering to some extent from yesterday.

Bobridge would have attacked if he didn't fall.
Meyer said he had good legs...

Jun 16, 2009
Ferminal said:
Haha I just saw that, obviously saving them for the epic KoMs tomorrow.
He still might win but I just think he should of had a go in the last km...didn't have to work at all so personally I thought he could of attacked and wrapped up the gc.

Jul 5, 2009
Interesting predicament for Goss tomorrow. Will be good to watch. Garmin versus HTC for the prize. Some high powered foes going head to head for every bonus point.

ASK THE COMMUNITY