• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Down Under - Stage 5: McLaren Vale - Wilunga, 131km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Exciting tussle! Peloton strung out to ******y. A pleasure to watch. Matthews looked SPENT! He was heaving for breath after the finish. Deep into the red zone. Outstanding effort.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
was it just me ,or did the finish come from nowhere. wtf.

Absolutely, P&P still talking about the bigger group catching the leaders as if there was a distance to go, then suddenly a shot from the finishing line showing that the Euskaltel riding I thought was heroically going to try to stay away the line few k was just the first guy to start the sprint.

Terrible coverage.

hoolaparara said:
Absolutely, P&P still talking about the bigger group catching the leaders as if there was a distance to go, then suddenly a shot from the finishing line showing that the Euskaltel riding I thought was heroically going to try to stay away the line few k was just the first guy to start the sprint.

Terrible coverage.

Was there a Flamme Rouge? I was wondering how long to go (thinking it was 2-3km) and all of a sudden the 200m signs came past and the sprint opened up.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Haha I just saw that, obviously saving them for the epic KoMs tomorrow.

He still might win but I just think he should of had a go in the last km...didn't have to work at all so personally I thought he could of attacked and wrapped up the gc.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Interesting predicament for Goss tomorrow. Will be good to watch. Garmin versus HTC for the prize. Some high powered foes going head to head for every bonus point.