• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Down Under - Stage 5: McLaren Vale - Wilunga, 131km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Well he didn't ride once on the front and Meyer is suppose to be 'such a great climber':rolleyes:
Right.

Because he wasn't in a break the entire stage before that actually held off the whole peleton was he....oh wait.
:rolleyes:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Jono L. said:
Right.

Because he wasn't in a break the entire stage before that actually held off the whole peleton was he....oh wait.
:rolleyes:

He said he had "good legs" after the stage. He was only in a break for about half the stage. He is one of the most in form riders in the field, I expected him to attack. I don't get how Matt White is such a tatical genius.:rolleyes:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I don't get how Matt White is such a tatical genius.:rolleyes:

Because he had bobridge marking the two in front which if it stayed away bobridge would have won and cam would have stayed in GC because the time bonuses got soaked up. Seems good enough to me. If bobridge was not there others would have looked at cam to work.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
VENTOSO!!!!!!

What a result

I was looking for him in that group, got excited when I saw he was there, hugging Meyer's wheel.

I'm glad, I did pick him as a dark horse, he can climb a lot better than most sprinters.

Meyer keeps his jersey as well so I'm happy as part of the WA mafia :D

.o/

EDIT:

Tuarts said:
Movistar Team: Francisco Ventoso

My roughie. If he's at a decent fitness level, he'll be challenging in the sprints and can climb ok too.

I'm quite shocked/happy I made an accurate prediction for once. :D

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Bailey said:
Interesting predicament for Goss tomorrow. Will be good to watch. Garmin versus HTC for the prize. Some high powered foes going head to head for every bonus point.

Should be a good stage tommorow. According to what Meyer said after the stage Garmin will try and get men up the road to chew up the time bonuses at the int. sprints and leave it to the final dash for the stage to take the overall. Will be interesting to see whether Farrar can play an important role if thats the case!

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Carmiooro (Ventoso's former team) was registered as British last season when NGC came on board. They were a very Italian team thought.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
M-wave again

galeria34792-001.jpg

galeria34800-001.jpg

galeria34800-002.jpg

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Movistar have the lead in the mega-important team classification, too.
Nice to see that the race's one "big hill" made such a huge difference
to the GC.:rolleyes:
How many babies did gramps kiss, today?

I'm surprised you give two ****s about this race.

craig1985 said:
I'm surprised you give two ****s about this race.
It's been 3 months since Lombardy!

Well, I'm not getting up in the middle of the night, when there has been no live feed, but I am seeing the stage highlights from Italian tv.
I only watched Cam M's win 10 hours ago.
It seems as if the racing is pretty reasonable for the parcours, but with the rubbish highlight editing, it's hard to tell.

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
So bonuses on offer of 3,2 and 1 for the 2 intermediate sprints and 10,6 and 4 for the finish.
HTC will surely try to keep things together for the first one - so if Goss places top 2 in that he just needs top 2 at the finish, otherwise he needs to win the stage.
I wonder if Farrar has the form to win the final sprint. Seems unlikely...

Connor Pass said:
So bonuses on offer of 3,2 and 1 for the 2 intermediate sprints and 10,6 and 4 for the finish.
HTC will surely try to keep things together for the first one - so if Goss places top 2 in that he just needs top 2 at the finish, otherwise he needs to win the stage.
I wonder if Farrar has the form to win the final sprint. Seems unlikely...
Matthews is still in with a chance as well. A small one, but he has a chance.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Jono L. said:
Because he had bobridge marking the two in front which if it stayed away bobridge would have won and cam would have stayed in GC because the time bonuses got soaked up. Seems good enough to me. If bobridge was not there others would have looked at cam to work.
1. It was never going ti stay away.
2. Cam said he had good legs but didn't attack. I would of thought that he would of tried to make a late attack imo. 8 seconds ain't much.
Tuarts said:
What did he have to say?

Just talked tatics...

btw,
Armstrong received the keys to the city, got a standing ovation at the legends dinner. Interestingly on two ds' clapped according to Mike Sayers.

TRENDING THREADS