• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Mediterraneen

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
bandeau2010.jpg

alti_ET1.jpg

Hutarovich takes the first stage.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
A group of 21 riders will battle for the win this year. Among them Vino, Valverde, Nocentini and Hoogerland.

Can't find full results anywhere yet.

yauheni-hutarovich-wint-midzee.jpg

I was surprised to see Clement Lhotellerie on the start list for Roubaix Lille Metropole. I thought he was on a 2 year suspension.

Also Cofidis's riders had a decent showing last year with I believe Remi Pauriol and Damien Monier having good performances. They seemed to excell in these early season stage races.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
I surprised to see Clement Lhotellerie on the start list for Roubaix Lille Metropole. I thought he was on a 2 year suspension.

LOL.
On 2 July 2009 his team announced that he had tested positive for Methylhexanamine which Lhotellerie claimed was from contaminated geranium oil.[2]

from cq:

Clement LHOTELLERIE tested positive for Methylhexanamine in Liege-Bastogne-Liege on 26 April 2009. He was fired by his team Vacansoleil when the positive test was revealed, and suspended for 5 months by the French federation until 3 November 2009, and

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
the guy behind Hutarovich in the photo is wearing the same(different team of course:S)... not sure who he is but hats off to them...

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Speaking of Michael Rasmussen, I expect he'll influence the outcome of the Mt. Faron stage. I don't think he'll be explosive enough to get the stage win, but he will definitely be motivated because he can't expect to ride too many prestigious mountain stages against the best pros this year.

So, I think he'll set a hard enough pace that only the best climbers will keep up and have a chance of winning the stage. Valverde, Gesink, or Hoogerland could do it, I think. Vino hasn't shown his old acceleration yet, and I really doubt that Tom Danielson developed a winning instinct over the off-season.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Again temperatures below zero. An escape group was caught in the last km's, after that a large group was sent the wrong way by the police in the last 300m.

Veikkanen wins, the group get the same time as Jussi.
2_0046319_1_thumb2.jpg

2_0046315_1_thumb2.jpg

i corridori protestano dopo l'arrivo per l'errore ai trecento metri

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
So remaining riders in the GC are only Valverde, Vinokourov, Hoogerland (Noncenti).

Actually, not sure if I should be making Hoogerland a GC candidate and not Noncenti, but Hoogerland seems to be highly rated at the moment. I'm not googling for previous results for the sake of this post.

Out of those three, I would expect it to go in that order, but Valverde must win in any case.

I heard a radio interview with Johnny Hoogerland. He's more than a little disappointed about today's stage: he was being led out for the sprint, his teammates overtook Dan Martin on a roundabout 500 mtrs from the finish, and the rest is history. He seemed genuinely pi$$ed off, even if it's just the Tour Mediterranéen.

TRENDING THREADS