• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Mediterranen

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
scaled.php

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if he'd still be able to get top 10 places in Volta a Catalunya hilly stages..... He even beat Kreuziger and Brajkovic in the GC in the 2010 volta a catalunya :p

If he learned to sprint like that and can still tackle hills well enough to get a top 10 overall in Catalunya, like in 2010, he'll become a pretty awesome rider.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
So Michel sprints better nowadays? :eek:

No. He and some other dude from Garmin were pacing the peloton to lead-out his brother. But Michel took a corner very quickly, so that dude from Garmin and his brother decided to block the peloton. Michel was alone in the final km and kept his advantage to take the win. At least that's what the newspapers said.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:
I wonder if he'd still be able to get top 10 places in Volta a Catalunya hilly stages..... He even beat Kreuziger and Brajkovic in the GC in the 2010 volta a catalunya :p

If he learned to sprint like that and can still tackle hills well enough to get a top 10 overall in Catalunya, like in 2010, he'll become a pretty awesome rider.

No my bad, I was still talking about yesterday's stage. Didn't look at the time, didn't see they were finished already :p

(you deleted your post, as did I, so I'm quoting this one)

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:

Volta Catalunya doesn't have time bonuses so his sprint hardly helps there. The reasons why he reached top-10 in 2010 were rather consistency during the race and the fairly good prologue.

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
shows what riding the 6-days does for you... at least in the early season.
support the Six's, don't let them go down the slow-death path they are on. please

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
WL Irish said:
The black garmin jerseys look to be cold weather & rainy weather gear. they were the same last year, too (i think)

Yeah they will be.

This links to the cavendish/worlds/helmet thread. I guess Kreder should be disqualified for not wearing team colours or a clear cap as per UCI rules :rolleyes:

I'm not too sure Barracuda will be that keen on them either!

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Tomorrow's stage should be pretty exciting up Mt Faron with most of the field on pretty much the same time.

There are obviously some excellent climbers in there such as Dan Martin, though given the temperatures and the varying form at this time of year it should be pretty unpredictable.

Apparently it's live on France 2 - so hopefully there will be a feed somewhere..?

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Michel Kreder winning mass sprints now. Wtf. Raymond is normally faster but this is impressive.

I always thought/think he has huge potential as a puncheur but did not see this coming. He has always been quick but i thought being competitive from a reduced bunch would be as far as it would go.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Same here. I wonder what this means for his 'punch' qualities though. We'll find out later I guess

That's what im a bit worried about. Hopefully he's just realizing his potential and his sprinting his reaching a higher level than thought possible and that will translate to hilly terrain.

is it sure that mont faron stage will take place?did the snow melt over there?anyway i remember a rider said on twitter that the guys who did quatar/oman will be way stronger in march that these guys who did alaska-reykjavik.totally true i mean most of the races here were shortened or cancelled

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
is it sure that mont faron stage will take place?did the snow melt over there?anyway i remember a rider said on twitter that the guys who did quatar/oman will be way stronger in march that these guys who did alaska-reykjavik.totally true i mean most of the races here were shortened or cancelled
It will take place but is cut to 90 km. They've cut the section that took place in Haut Var, but will still finish on Mont Faron. It's supposed to be 5 degrees and sunny in Toulon tomorrow, so should be OK.