• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Mediterranen

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
This Tiernan-Locke guy seems to be the real deal... I know Sky have set themselves the goal of developing Colombian climbers, but maybe there's a spot for him next year.
Come on, it's certainly impressive but this was hardly a big race. Short stages, lack of big riders. Excellent results but we have to be aware of the competition.

trevim said:
Come on, it's certainly impressive but this was hardly a big race. Short stages, lack of big riders. Excellent results but we have to be aware of the competition.

Yeah but this guy is a British domestic pro, imagine one of the domestic Portugese guys from Carmin or some other team winning Tour of the Med, I think it would be considered very impressive.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
This Tiernan-Locke guy seems to be the real deal... I know Sky have set themselves the goal of developing Colombian climbers, but maybe there's a spot for him next year.

I wanted Sky to sign him after the Tour of Britain. Was great that he at least went to Endura with their ever-expanding European schedule - and already he has delivered a brilliant result. Strong field or not, a win is a win.

pmcg76 said:
Yeah but this guy is a British domestic pro, imagine one of the domestic Portugese guys from Carmin or some other team winning Tour of the Med, I think it would be considered very impressive.

I used the same word to describe his win :D I think it was impressive but there were some unusual factors in this years race.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Brilliant result for Tiernan-Locke and Endura.

Hopefully Marc Madiot will eat his words now after he tried his hardest to ensure Endura didn't get a ride in the first place. HA!:)

jens_attacks said:
so who is this tiernan-locke guy?we're heading straight into an anglo-saxon age of cycling
i expected garzelli to take this with an iron fist :( but it's good he has the form,tirreno will be nice(if it doesn't snow on abruzzo of course)

27yo, decent Continental-level climber. Has been a bit lost in the British scene given that there's pretty much nothing in the way of races that suit climbers. He was 2nd in the Vuelta a León last year, winning the queen stage, and 6th (+KOM) in the Tour of Britain. However, Rapha don't really have the international program that Endura do, so he's getting a few better chances to show what he can do this year.

So he's not an especially young guy, nor a super-exciting prospect, but he is a pretty good climber who can do a decent job in the right races and hasn't really had the opportunities he's deserved yet.

TRENDING THREADS