• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Bejing (9th October - 13th October)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
maltiv said:
And I fully agree with all of that.

I'm just pointing out some basic cycling strategy here: if a guy attacks from a small group, and said small group contains 1 guy who's a significantly better sprinter than the rest of them, they will not be able to produce an efficient chase as no one wants to tow said sprinter to an easy victory. That's why a guy in Edvald's position desperately needs a team to be able to win a race like this.

Saying that doesn't mean that I think Tony Martin didn't deserve to win, because he most certainly did.

Dude, you are fast becoming mini el pistol ( with his support for all thing gilbert) :p :D

Zam_Olyas said:
I am talking about his concern for all thing Edvald.
I won't hide that I'm a fan. I wouldn't say that I know him, but we have some mutual friends. So it's only logical that I'm interested in his performance. I guess I should stop discussing it though as people will only label me as an ignorant fanboy, even when I post completely reasonable arguments like in my previous post :p

El Pistolero said:
With the minor difference Gilbert wins when I tell him to. :D
You've only told him to win 3 times this year? :p

LaFlorecita said:
EBH 6 wins this year vs 3 for Phil, ouch :D ;) :D
Come on, 7! In Gilbert's only significant victory this year EBH was second, so it's not like they're miles apart either.

Anyway, everyone knows that it's the number of victories that count, and EBH has won more races the last 5 years than Gilbert has (40 vs 39) :D

maltiv said:
Come on, 7! In Gilbert's only significant victory this year EBH was second, so it's not like they're miles apart either.

Anyway, everyone knows that it's the number of victories that count, and EBH has won more races the last 5 years than Gilbert has (40 vs 39) :D

Cav or Greipel says hi :D (Didnt want to count their victories)

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Stage 3

Stage 3 is streaming.

Hazy day as seen in the heli camera beauty shots - showing Great Wall atm.
4.5 min gap for the 7 man break. Hoogerland, Grivko, Bennet plus 4 others.

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Ligthart (VCD), Nieve (EUS), Grivko (AST), Bennett (RNT),
Meier (OGE), Hoogerland (VCD), Ladagnous (FDJ)
Ladagnous is best placed and currently "virtual leader". He was 25th at 3'00" at end of Stage 2.

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Break just passing through the feedzone @ 101km raced out of 162.5km.
uwbBL.png

Better crowds than on Stage 1 but still long stretches when no one seems to be watching.

TRENDING THREADS