• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Britian 2010 route announced

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
8 stages starting in Rochdale and finishing in East London (See route map below.

route-map-large_2010.jpg

Stages 3, 4 and 5 look like they could be crucial and hopefully a bit selective they all depend on where they have the finish. Swansea could use some very steep hills leading up to the finish, as could Glastonbury and Teignmouth.

Should be a race for the sprinters again all in all.

Just one note, the transfer from stage 5 in Glastonbury to the start of stage 6in Kings Lynn is 227 miles and will take over 4.5 hours. That'll make the riders happy.

Teams confirmed to date are:
Garmin Transitions
HTC Columbia
Rabobank
Saxo Bank
Team Sky
Cervelo Test Team
Skil Shimano
Topsport Vlaanderen
An Post
Endura
Motorpoint Marshalls Pasta
Raleigh
Rapha Condor Sharp
Sigma Sport Specialized

Plus 2 more to be announced

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
KL or Stoke the nearest for me.

The Norfolk one could be interesting if the wind blows. However, in recent years the race has passed over some decent climbs but the finishes have been miles away from them ultimately reducing the impact. That's why sprinters dominate the race. The 1st 2 stages look like the same thing again.

I hope they learn their lesson and find some intersting finishes in Swansea, Glastonbury and Teignmouth or else it'll be the same again.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
That looks like a nasty hill, I hope it's close to the finish (and that they go up it more than once).

The London stage is on a Saturday so I might hop on the train.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I can make the London stage, but yes it could turn out to be Cervelo V Sky. Depending on the startlist it could be Hunt, Hammond V Downing, Sutton, Swift etc so that will be worth watching.

Reverend_T_Preedy said:
According to the BBC they are going to go up Constition Hill in Swansea!!! That'll out the cat amongst the pigeons!!!

358415323_4a99238410.jpg

_44777149_hill.jpg

Constitution Hill has been used before in the Tour of Britain, in either 93 or 94 but it didnt really split the race up much even though they went up it a few times. I remember it was the first race that Evgeni Berzin came to prominence winning the KOM jersey, must have been 93 then.

TRENDING THREADS