• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of California: Stage 2? Squaw Valley - Sacremento, 214 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
I know next to nothing about the North American domestic scene, but SpiderTech look like they have a pretty decent team, with Svein Tuft for Time Trials and this Lacombe guy for sprints. Is Lacombe always that fast?

I think it was positioning that cost Lacombe. They are managed by Steve Bauer.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
Phil Liggett is a moron. He constantly referred to the "State Capital" building as city hall. What a tool. Versus coverage has to be the worst in the world. It makes a mockery of this race in my home state.
Please retire Phil, then you can booze it up all day......oh wait, I think he already is boozing it up all day!
What a disgrace!

killswitch said:
Andy will steal it. ;)

Dont be so silly. Andy is a politician and will have worked out a deal with him for it. Maybe some Leopard help in a sprint stage at the Tour or Vuelta. Even if that wasnt working his tough guy right hand man Stu O'Grady would just ruffle some feathers and get handed it.

cyclestationgiuseppe said:
Phil Liggett is a moron. He constantly referred to the "State Capital" building as city hall. What a tool. Versus coverage has to be the worst in the world. It makes a mockery of this race in my home state.
Please retire Phil, then you can booze it up all day......oh wait, I think he already is boozing it up all day!
What a disgrace!
No No i think you have it wrong. He isnt a booze hound. Just a bit of an idiot.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
Midnightfright said:
No No i think you have it wrong. He isnt a booze hound. Just a bit of an idiot.

A bit? he is one whole idiot! I can hardly take it. They practically ruin the TDF every year. VS is the only channel that broadcasts it here in the US. I am going to watch it via the internet this year....I can't take it anymore!

What a disgrace!

ha! I live in Co and enjoyed the eurosport feed/coverage...I don't have any tolerance for versus. :)

A bit? he is one whole idiot! I can hardly take it. They practically ruin the TDF every year. VS is the only channel that broadcasts it here in the US. I am going to watch it via the internet this year....I can't take it anymore!

I actually heard he's the 3rd most popular reason for Valium/Diazepam addiction in the EU.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Leipheimer etc was in the peloton at the 3km mark, so I guess there is the time at the finish line that counts, no matter what happens the last 3km. Strange

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
fezzer said:
Leipheimer etc was in the peloton at the 3km mark, so I guess there is the time at the finish line that counts, no matter what happens the last 3km. Strange

3 km rule is only for crashes
Splits in the peleton still count. :)