• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of California Stage 4: Livermore - San Jose/Sierra Rd, 131.6 KM

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Garmin's tactic was actually to have Hushovd in front over the penultimate climb, attack with Hesjedal and then Hushovd would assist him in the downhill. Almost worked out but unfortunately Hushovd's group was caught far too early.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I didn't realize Arveson and Hunt didn't even finish the stage for Sky. Both got dropped early on. Must have been a pretty tough stage:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
kjetilraknerud said:
His season looks a lot like 2010 to be honest. His first win was the norwegian championships, then he won a stage in the TdF and the Vuelta before his WC win. Only three (four) wins, but quite huge wins - that's the kind of rider he is. In 2009 he had seven wins plus the green jersey, in 2008 he had six wins.

The problem is of course that everyone notices now that he wears the rainbow jersey.

By the way:

Breschel (2nd in Geelong) 0 wins
Davis (3rd in Geelong) 0 wins
Pozzato (4th in Geelong) 0 wins
Van Avermaet (5th in Geelong) 0 wins

And before the trolls come out. I'm not saying Hushovd is having a good season, he is just having the same kind of season he always has ;)
Yes he is a target, but he hasn't been competing that strongly like Cadel did last year or like Bettin or Freire has when they had the rainbow jersey.
El Pistolero said:
My point was that he's fat.

He ain't fat buddy. Anyone can blow their 'tummy' out.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Yes he is a target, but he hasn't been competing that strongly like Cadel did last year or like Bettin or Freire has when they had the rainbow jersey.

Bettini 2008: Four small victories during the summer, first win in june, and two Vuelta stages

Bettini 2007: One stage in ToC and one Vuelta stage + WC

His results were much better prior to his WC victories.

I agree on Evans and Freire though, and Boonen had a great season in 2006 as well.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
kjetilraknerud said:
Bettini 2008: Four small victories during the summer, first win in june, and two Vuelta stages

Bettini 2007: One stage in ToC and one Vuelta stage + WC

His results were much better prior to his WC victories.

I agree on Evans and Freire though, and Boonen had a great season in 2006 as well.

Bettini won Lombardia in 2006 while crossing the finish line crying over his brother pointing to the sky.

A lot better world champion then these dudes you name. Except Boonen in 2006.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Bettini won Lombardia in 2006 while crossing the finish line crying over his brother pointing to the sky.

A lot better world champion then these dudes you name. Except Boonen in 2006.
I neglected the fact that Lombardia is after the WC, my bad. And I agree Bettini was a great world champion, my point was that his 2007 and 2008 seasons were poor by his standards.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
kjetilraknerud said:
I neglected the fact that Lombardia is after the WC, my bad. And I agree Bettini was a great world champion, my point was that his 2007 and 2008 seasons were poor by his standards.

Past his peak in 2008 to be honest. But he crashed A LOT.

But winning Lombardia and WC as a WC is not bad.

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
mamma mia,that was a super performance.radioshack owning california in big style.good old redneck was flying over that little bump.chapeau!

i feel a tiny bit better about horner rocketing by me on the climb up to baldy two weeks ago after him watching him do the same thing to the entire freakin field yesterday.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Horner:eek::eek:

Damn he's pushing 40 and flying up the mountains. Horne ris really one of those "what coulde have been " guys

Beutiful stage yesterday. Far better then anything we've seen in The Giro so far!:D

Great stage in California yesterday. Absolutely loved it. This was ToC really showing off what it should be about.

And say what?????? Did you watch yesterday's stage at the Giro. My God, that was a stunning stage in terms of scenery. :) Not so great in terms of the racing though.

Guess that's what you get for sticking a Classics parcour in the middle of a GT. Nevermind, eh?

TRENDING THREADS