• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Croatia 2.HC (17/04 - 22/04)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
What an insane climb. Either this race needs to become a big deal or the Giro needs to come here. It’s fun watching the old guys like Weening and Siutsou and kids like Eg and Pearson and Gidich, but it would be great to see the big guns fighting it out on this one,

Imagine the Giro starting with 3 stages in Croatia, incl. this climb, to start the race off...... it would be epic :)

Re: Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
TourOfSardinia said:
Alexandre B. said:
Broccolidwarf said:
Great ride by Eg

Give him a couple of years, and he'll be the danish version of Poels :)
He's a Rasmussen in the making. Chicken and Eg.
+++ Excellent Pun!

Now we need a new Alberto to duel with him up the mountain.

He's called Bernal - those two went at in the Tour l'Avenir ;)
Bernal is young and i've seen him racing only this year but he seems to me closer to Valverde. I don't think Contador had a good sprint (maybe in his youngest years he had) while Bernal seems to be quite quick. Also i'll need to see a bigger sample of his TT skills. Throughout his career Alberto was quite decent against the clock (i would argue overally better than Bala).

Hoping to catch some clip or stream today as missing on Sveti Jure is just unacceptable.

Re: Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Alexandre B. said:
Broccolidwarf said:
Great ride by Eg

Give him a couple of years, and he'll be the danish version of Poels :)
He's a Rasmussen in the making. Chicken and Eg.
+++ Excellent Pun!

Now we need a new Alberto to duel with him up the mountain.

Given the age difference between Chicken and Alberto it could take some time.

---

Quick question: Is the white jersey a U23 competition? Noticed the absence of Eg in that competition.

Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
Wondering if Trek lets Eg ride for himself tomorrow, and what he can then make of it - it's a day that can make or break him - if he is given the chance :)

If I were the DS, I'd tell Brambi to attack at the bottom of the last climb, and gain distance.... and then Eg can try to get clear later.

This would be the most logical move. However Trek are renowned for their incompetence (the fact that they signed Brambilla to do GC at the Giro says already a lot), so I would be surprised if they'll behave like that.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Every youth classification should be U23 - IMO!
In general, in any race outside of the WT with a young rider classification it's U23, seeing as they often have a number of developmental teams involved. To be honest I would be happy if they kept U25 for GTs only because recovery is something that, generally, improves with age and obviously being able to do it over three weeks is a very different proposition to over one, but also there is the fact that there's a limited number of U23-eligible riders in WT teams:

Ag2r, BMC, Bora, Dimension Data: 0
Astana: Gidich
Bahrain: Padun
FDJ: Gaudu, Madouas
Lotto: Lambrecht, Shaw, Wouters
Mitchelton: Hamilton
Movistar: Castrillo
Quick Step: Hodeg, Jakobsen, Narváez
EF: Cardona, Dani Martínez
Katyusha: Cras
LottoNL: Eenkhoorn, Powless
Sky: Bernal, Halvorsen, Sivakov
Sunweb: Hindley, Kämna, Storer
Trek: Conci
UAE: Ganna

In women's races, all youth competitions are U23.

Re:

Clipboard.gif

GC
Clipboard.gif

TRENDING THREADS