• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Denmark 2021 (10th to 14th of August)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Asked the DR sports commentators about the climb. Let's hope it gets through. Dimen 2022:grinning:

Considering they are riding though Aabenraa during the TdF, I doubt they will be doing it next year, but fingers crossed!

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they won't be going through Southern Jutland at all. A stage in the North, a stage to Aarhus, a stage to Vejle, a TT on Funen and then a sprint on Frederiksberg Allé. It could also be only two stages in Jutland and another one on Zealand (possibly including Asnæs Indelukke), but that will also depend on whether there is even going to be a TT.

Considering they are riding though Aabenraa during the TdF, I doubt they will be doing it next year, but fingers crossed!

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they won't be going through Southern Jutland at all. A stage in the North, a stage to Aarhus, a stage to Vejle, a TT on Funen and then a sprint on Frederiksberg Allé. It could also be only two stages in Jutland and another one on Zealand (possibly including Asnæs Indelukke), but that will also depend on whether there is even going to be a TT.
Important information. I remember you could send in route suggestions on their official website. I'm planning to do it again. If they are arriving via Aalborg Airport, we could do something like this:

Stage 1: Aalborg - Aarhus (Sprinter stage with a hilly twist)
Stage 2: Horsens - Vejle (Puncheur stage)
Stage 3: Kolding - Aabenraa (Northern Classics stage)
Stage 4: Funen ITT (10-15 km)
Stage 5: Korsør - Frederiksberg (Sprinter stage)

Important information. I remember you could send in route suggestions on their official website. I'm planning to do it again. If they are arriving via Aalborg Airport, we could do something like this:

They never go to Horsens. It's only good enough for the Giro :(

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan
Worre was clearly afraid of Purhøj. A Strade Purhøj.

Sk-rmbillede-2021-08-10-kl-15-58-37.png

It's not even an exaggeration upon a check. They have finished there one time in this millennium (and you could even argue they haven't as it was in 2000) and not started once. Meanwhile, the freaking Giro has had a stage with a start and finish there. I guess Cavendish does not mind that they will not go there, though...

Reactions: Sandisfan

I'm not sure Aalborg would pay for it, if they don't get a stage finish though, but you could easily start in Løgstør, Aars or Støvring for instance instead. It won't really matter cause they obviously want the stage to be decided on the circuit in Aarhus anyway.

The cobbled climb in Mariager will possibly also be used again soon.

I'm not sure Aalborg would pay for it, if they don't get a stage finish though, but you could easily start in Løgstør, Aars or Støvring for instance instead. It won't really matter cause they obviously want the stage to be decided on the circuit in Aarhus anyway.

The cobbled climb in Mariager will possibly also be used again soon.
Yeah. Even if wouldn't have any impact, it's worth a visit. Just for the visuals.. Mariager is one of the most picturesque towns.

That said, those cobbles are highly underrated. The cobbles of Vestergade in Mariager are basically a shorter version of Carrefour de l'Arbre. They are really terrible on a road bike. The cobbles in the town center are more gentle tho'.

TRENDING THREADS