• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Oman (2.HC) 17th Feb - 22nd Feb

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Successful tour for Austrian riders: Br?ndle wins today, Konrad had the leader jersey in the young rider competition for a few days and finished in the top ten in the GC. Preidler was the best in the GC of his team.

It was a tie between Konrad and M?hlberger in the CQ-Game, in the end I chose M?hlberger. But I'm rooting for Konrad anyway too.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
How am I saying that exactly? That's a lot conclusions you take from 1 sentence :eek:
Don't make assumptions please

Too bad for him means you think this was his chance to win a stage. That's the only way you can interpret your sentence;)

Geraint Too Fast said:
It's good to see EBH thriving now he's away from Sky.
Apparently he needs some time to find racing form as he's been focusing on weight lifting this winter to increase his power.

His trainer also explains that EBH was trained to become a pure diesel-engine at Sky, so he had no explosiveness left after 2014. They want to correct this now, but believes it could take some time.

http://www.procycling.no/edvald-svarte-ikke-til-forventningene/

Personally I don't think he'll ever return to his former level as it could already be too late by now.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
maltiv said:
Apparently he needs some time to find racing form as he's been focusing on weight lifting this winter to increase his power.

His trainer also explains that EBH was trained to become a pure diesel-engine at Sky, so he had no explosiveness left after 2014. They want to correct this now, but believes it could take some time.

http://www.procycling.no/edvald-svarte-ikke-til-forventningene/

Personally I don't think he'll ever return to his former level as it could already be too late by now.

So if this is correct, Sky basically bought one of the most promising talents around and then willfully ruined his career so they could have a decent climbing domestique. What a bunch of *******s........ :eek:

Instead of an article profiling the actual overall winner of Tour of Oman, we get an article on a Team Sky rider that "almost" got his first win with the team. No wonder I can't but help but root against Team Sky. We're flooded with pointless articles about minor characters when actual winners from other teams are virtually ignored.

Angliru said:
Instead of an article profiling the actual overall winner of Tour of Oman, we get an article on a Team Sky rider that "almost" got his first win with the team. No wonder I can't but help but root against Team Sky. We're flooded with pointless articles about minor characters when actual winners from other teams are virtually ignored.

That might be a reason to root against CN, who decided not to publish any profile of Valls on the occasion of his win (I suspect that Lampre's PR department will have made something available in Italian and/or Spanish, which CN have decided not to publish); why should you despise Sky for making a press release available about one of their riders available?

That is the very reason for the existence of Sky, or any other sponsored team - to gain publicity for themselves (ideally through good race results), and thus for the sponsors who keep them in being. You seem to want to rail against Sky (the team) for doing exactly what Sky (the sponsoring company) expect of them.

It is not Sky's fault that Lampre's PR department is not more effective, nor that CN set the threshhold low when they decide which press releases to feature.

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Angliru said:

It's an anglophone team with a competent PR department. It's not terribly surprising that an anglophone website would focus more on an anglophone team. We also see a lot of BMC and Garmin articles, for similar reasons.

Angliru said:

Wait, when did Hagen almost get his first win with MTN? I assumed that this comment

Geraint Too Fast said:
It's good to see EBH thriving now he's away from Sky.

Was sarcastic? :confused: