• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Pologne 2015(2.UWT) 2-8.08

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

WheelofGear said:
Rollthedice said:
WheelofGear said:
If Froome doesn't do the Vuelta, they have a great plan-B in Henao. One of the punchiest guys in the peloton.

Sure, for a top 10 placing.

No, for a top 5 or even podium.
You're forgetting a 40km pan flat TT where Henao will really suffer. And the really difficult climbing days (Stage 11) where he won't be as good as the pure climbers. He is a Purito-like rider really super explosive on the steep parts, on of the best in the world but when it extends to over 10km climbs? Really good, but not with the best.

WheelofGear said:
DBotero said:
Great win for Henao :D The Vuelta will be fun with him and Nieve.
Yeah. I actually hope Froome doesn't ride it. I want to see in "lesser guys" such as Henao, Nieve and Roche in action. They never get a chance in the GC.

I think Roche had too many chances.

Long Vuelta TT disadvantages Henao and Nieve but stage wins would still be entertaining and better than Sky usually do when not bringing Froome to a GT.

TMP402 said:
WheelofGear said:
DBotero said:
Great win for Henao :D The Vuelta will be fun with him and Nieve.
Yeah. I actually hope Froome doesn't ride it. I want to see in "lesser guys" such as Henao, Nieve and Roche in action. They never get a chance in the GC.

I think Roche had too many chances.

Long Vuelta TT disadvantages Henao and Nieve but stage wins would still be entertaining and better than Sky usually do when not bringing Froome to a GT.

Wouldn't be shocked if Froome doesn't ride if Sky don't go stage hunting with the likes of Henao and Viviani.

Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
WheelofGear said:
Rollthedice said:
WheelofGear said:
If Froome doesn't do the Vuelta, they have a great plan-B in Henao. One of the punchiest guys in the peloton.

Sure, for a top 10 placing.

No, for a top 5 or even podium.
You're forgetting a 40km pan flat TT where Henao will really suffer. And the really difficult climbing days (Stage 11) where he won't be as good as the pure climbers. He is a Purito-like rider really super explosive on the steep parts, on of the best in the world but when it extends to over 10km climbs? Really good, but not with the best.
You're 100% right about that. But without any good TT riders in the race, it's not a big of a deal.

Valverde and Quintana aren't THAT good. Nibali is way overrated (and will get dropped on the small, steep climbs). Aru is not good. Landa is bad. Purito is really bad. Majka is bad. Pozzovivo had one good TT, but that's it. He is pocket-sized and shouldn't be that good at it.

Van Garderen is the only one that is good at it, but he will suffer on the punchy climbs. And in the mountains too, I think. He can't see him as a Vuelta-rider.

I know he took a good attacking win at the Giro, but Zakarin is going to bore people if he makes a career of being the 10th best climber in week long races and winning the final day TT and overall. Romandie and probably this so far. If only he'd have had his dramatic improvement earlier he could have won Beijing too!

TRENDING THREADS