Tour of qatar - Stage 1 - West bay lagoon - 8.2km TTT

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Guest
Mellow Velo said:
That's not watching carefully and listening to Kirby.:eek:
I had to rewind the sky+, was busy trying to listen, update website and read french coverage of besseges whilst listening to the wife coughing.
 
Mar 17, 2009
1,365
0
0
thehog said:
Crowds look bigger than last year.
Well, it is quite easy to improve on the crowd when all that turned up last year was two camels and the two guys that rode the camels:D

Too bad i can't watch this race on my 42inch LCD tv, man those epic picturesque sceneries would look brilliant in full HD:rolleyes:
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Just catching up on the morning's news. Does anyone know if the highlights are on t'internet anywhere?

Sounds like a good ride by Sky. How did Cervelo "receive assistance"? I can't think how they could do, unless the police motorbike did a Contador/Annency?
 
1 minute penalty to cervelo...good way to kill the race. 1 min? are you serious? that means there's no way any of their riders can make it into top 10 overall. Seems a bit harsh.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Hibbles said:
Just catching up on the morning's news. Does anyone know if the highlights are on t'internet anywhere?

Sounds like a good ride by Sky. How did Cervelo "receive assistance"? I can't think how they could do, unless the police motorbike did a Contador/Annency?
working on it...
 
Aug 4, 2009
286
0
0
"I touched Rasch but I didn't push him. He didn't gain any advantage," Haussler said, dismayed about the decision.

"I'd just done a turn on the front and was moving back, when the wind blew us together, I put my hand out to avoid crashing. It's a crazy decision but the commissares are the boss of the race."
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
riobonito92 said:
What happened to Cancellara - he is listed at +56?
Dropped by his team-mates apparently. Probably then sat up and cruised around. Obviously aiming for a late peak this season. ;)
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
maltiv said:
1 minute penalty to cervelo...good way to kill the race. 1 min? are you serious? that means there's no way any of their riders can make it into top 10 overall. Seems a bit harsh.
Thats BS, i know the rule for pushing is one minute, but on a short tt thats just stupid..
 
dimspace said:
Thats BS, i know the rule for pushing is one minute, but on a short tt thats just stupid..
In this race, it is not even possible to get that time back even if haussler should win every single stage. it's like giving a 30 minute penalty in a grand tour.
 
maltiv said:
In this race, it is not even possible to get that time back even if haussler should win every single stage. it's like giving a 30 minute penalty in a grand tour.
Well, last year Cervélo managed to split the peloton in the cross winds and on several stages there were around a minute gained by the winning group over large numbers of riders.

Granted it will be hard to gain a minute back on all riders to win overall but I wouldn't say that it's impossible to get a few riders in the top 10.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Mellow Velo said:
A minute penalty in an 8km TTT is plain stupid. Effectively, puts the entire team right out of contension. 10 seconds, max, not 10% of the stage time.

Yet another French consipracy.:rolleyes:
or ten seconds slower than the last placed team, which would have put them @ +49 behind sky.
 
Ah, another stupid decision by race officials. I know we need race marshalls and most do their job extremely well, but they can also be like that one bad experience ... it's the one thing you remember! Sometimes you wonder if marshalls like this one actually race or truly understand racing. Unless HH was giving a really, really long push, was there a functional advantage? Silly decision that impacts the end result of a race where it should not have (IMO).
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Hibbles said:
Just catching up on the morning's news. Does anyone know if the highlights are on t'internet anywhere?

Sounds like a good ride by Sky. How did Cervelo "receive assistance"? I can't think how they could do, unless the police motorbike did a Contador/Annency?
Eurosport2 has a 30 minute highlights package this evening. (GMT) cant remember the exact time though but not sure about the internet.

didnt see the Cervelo incident but anyway Downing did well to hang on for Sky and finish 2 seconds down after getting shot out, and considering Wiggins was doing long turns, Geraint Thomas and EBH also look in good form.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
sublimit said:
Downing did well to hang on for Sky and finish 2 seconds down after getting shot out, .
was his first TTT. Russ has really shown some guts first two races of this year, great domestique job in oz, and did a great leadout job down there as well.. really hard worker. justifying the decision sky took.

And will no doubt be rewarded later in the year with full team support in ireland or britain.
 
Jul 2, 2009
5,540
0
0
I personally think the whole rule against pushing is BS in the first place. It's a team time trial, so anything that helps the team work better together should be alright.

Anyway a one minute penalty on a 10 minute stage is f@cking insane. Way to ruin your race Oman. On the other hand this might work out, since Cervelo might start to work even harder to take some stages to make something out of this trip.
 
Jul 30, 2009
1,621
0
0
sublimit said:
Eurosport2 has a 30 minute highlights package this evening. (GMT) cant remember the exact time though but not sure about the internet.

didnt see the Cervelo incident but anyway Downing did well to hang on for Sky and finish 2 seconds down after getting shot out, and considering Wiggins was doing long turns, Geraint Thomas and EBH also look in good form.
Eurosport2 7pm (UK)
 
Feb 7, 2010
1
0
0
Andy99 said:
Eurosport2 7pm (UK)
No doubt it was a brilliant result for us British fans, as for Downing I have to agree with you, and living locally to him, seeing his performance, I coudn't be more thrilled than to see him get where he deserves to be. Well done Russell.
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
dimspace said:
was his first TTT. Russ has really shown some guts first two races of this year, great domestique job in oz, and did a great leadout job down there as well.. really hard worker. justifying the decision sky took.

And will no doubt be rewarded later in the year with full team support in ireland or britain.
yes he's doing very well and will turn out to be an important rider for Sky this year. i can only see him getting stronger as he adapts to Protour level.
 
Oct 16, 2009
3,868
0
0
Ummm, Boonen gave one of his team mates a push "live" on eurosport. Why no penalty for QS?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
cos theres money in boonen being in contention..

the cervelo penalty was the start of a long line of vendettas against theo bos :D its called karma..
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,274
0
0
dimspace said:
cos theres money in boonen being in contention..

the cervelo penalty was the start of a long line of vendettas against theo bos :D its called karma..
if karma was around wiggins wouldn't have been on the winning team.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
mr. tibbs said:
How much of the work was EBH doing? If his performance was close to Wiggins's, he'll be a real force in the spring. Flanders & Roubaix should be amazing!
Wiggins arveson and thomas did the bulk of it.. nordhaug and downing in their first TTT did a great job early on and then just hung on for grim death with the TT'ers did their job. EbH and Brad where doing 90% of the work over the last 2km
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY