Tour of Romandie 2013

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 12, 2010
1,998
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
Yes. Only a crash can stop Froome in the tour.
I'm not saying that. He can still lose, look at Tirreno, and we don't know how he'll handle the status of team leader in the Tour, but to say he isn't going to be the favorite is silly.
 
Mar 17, 2012
1,069
0
0
Froome has never beaten AC in any Grand Tour up to now, and we don´t know if Wiggins would´ve had chance against Contador in Tour 2012.

I trust in AC, he has the experience.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
Lanark said:
No he's not. Unless Froome get's in some accident, or Contador is absolutely brilliant in the Dauphiné, Froome is the clear favorite for the Tour.
Froome has never even won a WT stage race. Of course, he probably will have in a week, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Contador is a proven winner.

Contador doesn't have to be brilliant in the Dauphiné, in fact rather not.
 
May 12, 2010
1,998
0
0
RHRH19861986 said:
Froome has never beaten AC in any Grand Tour up to now, and we don´t know if Wiggins would´ve had chance against Contador in Tour 2012.

I trust in AC, he has the experience.
That may be true, but is largly an artifact of the late rise in form of Froome (Vuelta 2011), with most of his succes during the time that Contador was banned. That Froome has never beaten Contador in a GT is overall fairly irrelevant.

Contador surely has the experience, and that is a huge asset, but his form this season has been so lackluster that he can't be considered the favorite for the Tour, with Froome flying like this.
 
Mar 17, 2012
1,069
0
0
theyoungest said:
Froome has never even won a WT stage race. Of course, he probably will have in a week, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Contador is a proven winner.

Contador doesn't have to be brilliant in the Dauphiné, in fact rather not.
Exactly, well written.

Froome wears the same black jersey Wiggins wore and wears, and is doing a great 2013 up to now, but he´s not Wiggins, and maybe Wiggins 2012 will never be repeated.

Wiggins 2012 was impressive, Froome´s 2013 is also impressive, but I have doubts.

A Contador with almost no race days for preparation beat a certainly declining and tired Froome in the Vuelta 2012 by lenghts, that´s their first and only comparison in GTs up to now, and it´s just months back.
 
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
RHRH19861986 said:
nd we don´t know if Wiggins would´ve had chance against Contador in Tour 2012.
I bet 99% of the forum would have voted 'no' straight after the Tour, but by now the point may have changed significantly
 
Mar 17, 2012
1,069
0
0
airstream said:
I bet 99% of the forum would have voted 'no' straight after the Tour, but by now the point may have changed significantly
Right.

AC supporters just also should support him also (and even more so) in times when he does not 100% live up to expectations. Otherwise, it´s hypocrite.

You, airstream, are always faithful to Schleck, also when he´s rather bad, and get the reward now, and I like your attitude.
 
Jun 9, 2012
766
0
0
RHRH19861986 said:
Exactly, well written.

Froome wears the same black jersey Wiggins wore and wears, and is doing a great 2013 up to now, but he´s not Wiggins, and maybe Wiggins 2012 will never be repeated.

Wiggins 2012 was impressive, Froome´s 2013 is also impressive, but I have doubts.

A Contador with almost no race days for preparation beat a certainly declining and tired Froome in the Vuelta 2012 by lenghts, that´s their first and only comparison in GTs up to now, and it´s just months back.
Froome 2012 was impressive
 
RHRH19861986 said:
Right.

AC supporters just also should support him also (and even more so) in times when he does not 100% live up to expectations. Otherwise, it´s hypocrite.

You, airstream, are always faithful to Schleck, also when he´s rather bad, and get the reward now, and I like your attitude.
No airstream is not always faithful to Schleck, he jumped on the Froome bandwagon a while ago and now seems back on the schleck bandwagon
 
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
del1962 said:
How much would you steak on Alberto beating Froomey?
in the Tour? I would rate 80% vs 20%. Moveover, in the form Contador demonstrated so far, he won't hit even top-5. I don't believe in magical transformations surely if it isn't Cobo. How to beat Froome is a big question. Contador bets on MTT seriously as far as I understand.'


If that's between Froome and Contador, you can clearly know who I prefer. This is so plain to see. Nothing personal. Just cycling. Realism is primarily anyway. To deny to the bitter end that Froome is not a climber of Contador's level was a bit short-sighted
 
Mar 17, 2012
1,069
0
0
Remember, 2006, Ulle had his first race day of the season exactly "today", at the Prologue of Romandie. He sucked throughout Romandie, and few weeks after, already won 50k ITT of Pontedera in Giro, won TdF afterwards and was ready to beat Basso at the Tour, who had a great spring regarding his Giro.

Certainly you can´t compare it, as Ulle was special in his preparation, but it´s not over till it´s over.

Three months still to go until we reach Champs-Elysées.
 
Mar 17, 2012
1,069
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
No airstream is not always faithful to Schleck, he jumped on the Froome bandwagon a while ago and now seems back on the schleck bandwagon
Oh, OK.. :D

I, for myself, won´t join the Froome bandwagon, never. I hope Froome will end as Rasmussen did (Michael, not Alex).
 
Apr 10, 2011
4,819
0
0
RHRH19861986 said:
Oh, OK.. :D

I, for myself, won´t join the Froome bandwagon, never. I hope Froome will end as Rasmussen did (Michael, not Alex).
That's pretty sad thinking just there.

Anyway, can't see why we can't just enjoy a great battle that will be the Tour with those two great riders... without constant forum snides from fanboys on each side.
 
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
RHRH19861986 said:
Oh, OK.. :D

I, for myself, won´t join the Froome bandwagon, never. I hope Froome will end as Rasmussen did (Michael, not Alex).
It is something not far from hypocrisy too, because if you think so, at heart you consider Froome a less legitimate winner in comparison to other riders. Actually, it is the main reason why most people dislike Sky. And it is the base of this antipathy. I think all riders are entitled to win equally... Froome, Schleck, Valverde.. whoever
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Robert5091 Professional Road Racing 336

ASK THE COMMUNITY