• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Romandie 2013

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Angliru said:
Is Andy being labeled a "whiner" so different than your interpretation of Contador making excuses (i.e. whining) by you? What makes one right and one wrong?
Arguments make one right or wrong.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
What CS means is that Alberto is not mentally fragile. You are arguing he is. So CS is giving evidence that he isn't.
I've explained several times why those arguments aren't valid.
The situations CS is mentioning didn't disturb his belief he's the best.
A different feeling is filling him now.

serfla said:
I've explained several times why those arguments aren't valid.
The situations CS is mentioning didn't disturb his belief he's the best.
A different feeling is filling him now.

So he somehow completely cracks mentally when he's not the best anymore but overcame and didn't give up in situations 100 times worse. That makes sense.

serfla said:
Schleck.
The "whiner" is just an etiquette labeled to him, substantiated with tendentious interpretations of circumstances.
Those who labeled him the etiquette, now have the opportunity to see to whom it's appropriate.

The statement that "races shouldn't be decided on descentes" was somehow misinterpreted?

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
So he somehow completely cracks mentally when he's not the best anymore but overcame and didn't give up in situations 100 times worse. That makes sense.
This discussion is really tiring for me.
You'd be more credible interlocutor if you'd try to understand what someone wrote instead of making ironic comments.
Everything is already written.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Angliru said:
The statement that "races shouldn't be decided on descentes" was somehow misinterpreted?
I don't know if it was misinterpreted, but I know that it's his opinion, and not a complain.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
And it's tiring me most. Serfla is just as ignorant as airstream.

Let's get back on topic.
Don't be rude.
You're the most ignorant member of this board.
Ridiculing, trivializing, spinning... That's your style. Never arguments.

Probably the fans reflect their idol the best.

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
JRanton said:
Interesting, but not surprising, that most of the guys fighting for the win at Pais Vasco have suffered a dip in form since. Those last few days were absolutely brutal, particularly the last road stage that Porte won.

Porte said he got sick after Pais vasco and he said that most guys did too.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
pastronef said:
when Froome crossed the line today I knew what was coming: a few hours of madness in this forum
:rolleyes:
:D
You've took the sentence out of the context.
I'm not glorifying Froome. I was just making a remark related to comments of Contador's fans who hijacked the thread of a race in which he doesn't even participate.

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
serfla said:
You've took the sentence out of the context.
I'm not glorifying Froome. I was just making a remark related to comments of Contador's fans who hijacked the thread of a race in which he doesn't even participate.

We are skirting around the edges of a discussion that should be taking place in the clinic, and obviously we can't reflect on such points in this part of the forum.

Your theories about Contador may be correct, who knows. I like both AC and Schleck, but to say that Schleck is stronger mentally is a farcical. It's a pointless argument.

Froome beasted it today and I think he will probably win Romandie, Dauphine and the Tour.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Contadoraus Schlecks said:
Your theories about Contador may be correct, who knows. I like both AC and Schleck, but to say that Schleck is stronger mentally is a farcical. It's a pointless argument.
Why farcical?
'Cause you don't agree?

Contadoraus Schlecks said:
We are skirting around the edges of a discussion that should be taking place in the clinic, and obviously we can't reflect on such points in this part of the forum.

Froome beasted it today and I think he will probably win Romandie, Dauphine and the Tour.

Yes, he is extremely strong. I would be surprised if he lost any of those races

serfla said:
I don't know if it was misinterpreted, but I know that it's his opinion, and not a complain.

An opinion that, if it were Contador or any other rider that you personally did not particularly care for, you would likely categorize as "whining". Okay, I see where you're coming from now. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt until now.

TRENDING THREADS