• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Romandie 2013

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Contadoraus Schlecks said:
I'm quite sure that of the two only Andy has acknowledged that he has struggled mentally this year?
First, where and when did he acknowledged that? He denied it couple of days ago.
And why would such a confession be a sign of the mental strength? It can be a sign of awareness and open minded approach to the matter, not strength or weakness.
If someone doesn't talk about his problems it doesn't mean he doesn't have them.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Angliru said:
Yes, you're willingly particpating in sidetracking the discussion as am I. I apologize to the rest of the forum and will end my transgression here.
I am willingly participating, but not playing a victim.

It's interesting how you've made the conclusion about the victim. It shows the discourse of your conversation.
You shouldn't transgress at the first place. Nothing constructive from you... No arguments or a response to arguments you've asked for. Just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
agree a good ride by Pinot. I like to see him competitive in several races outside of July. Hopefully he can give Froome a bit of a fight in Romandie.

Today suited Pinot more than a normal TT and Froome still beat him so he will most definitely get beaten by a lot more time on Sunday as the course is longer with the profile a lot less suiting his characterisitcs this time. On Saturday he might do something but not enough to take anywhere near the time that I predict he will lose above. Top 5 maybe but not challenging Froome though.

gooner said:
Today suited Pinot more than a normal TT and Froome still beat him so he will most definitely get beaten by a lot more time on Sunday as the course is longer with the profile a lot less suiting his characterisitcs this time. On Saturday he might do something but not enough to take anywhere near the time that I predict he will lose above. Top 5 maybe but not challenging Froome though.

yes of course no chance for the overall for Pinot. By fight, I meant staying (or better) with Froome on the climbs. That would be the test and a good signal (for me).

jens_attacks said:
actually,not really:)

kudos though for the bump of that magnificent video. i always said that le tour 2013 will be something like 2003,mental speed.
it won't be an easy task for froomey just like it wasn't for lance

Oh jens :) mental speed indeed but it will be very easy. Just look how strong he is yet again. The other riders are not able to ride at that mental speed, only Froome. A shame there is no mtf in this race but the tt should be funny too.

TRENDING THREADS