• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of the Alps 2021 (April 19th-23rd)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What are you keeping your eye on during the Tour of the Alps?

• who's going to win

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • a youngster or outsider the thread-starter didn't even know existed

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • the scenery

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • who's in form for the Giro

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • whether Anton Palzer is the new LeMond

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • whether Bernal's back is good

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • whether Pinot's back is good

• whether Hindley will have to wait for Bardet when he's in for a podium

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • whether Hindley will have to put on a rain jacket

• your girl/boyfriend/Netflix

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't have a favorite yet - any suggestions so I can help with positive thouths?

Bardet, for some reason I really want Bardet to shine here - please send positive vibes. :)

220px-Barduche.jpg

The past years haven't been easy for him, hailed as the next French Tour winner he was always under immense pressure and it must be hard not being able to live up to expectations. Then last year at the Tour he looked surprisingly good, but that crash and the concussion took him out. Now he's in a new environment and maybe he likes it there, but I still think DSM are tyrants and he has to suffer them in order to try and get back to at least the level he was. It's not easy against the young guns of today.

Reactions: ppanther92
Bardet, for some reason I really want Bardet to shine here - please send positive vibes. :)

220px-Barduche.jpg

The past years haven't been easy for him, hailed as the next French Tour winner he was always under immense pressure and it must be hard not being able to live up to expectations. Then last year at the Tour he looked surprisingly good, but that crash and the concussion took him out. Now he's in a new environment and maybe he likes it there, but I still think DSM are tyrants and he has to suffer them in order to try and get back to at least the level he was. It's not easy against the young guns of today.
Good shout. Always liked Bardet, more than Pinot actually. Less drama, less excuses and less obnoxious behavior by his entourage and fans. Nothing against Pinot himself, he's been handed the short end of the stick when it comes to luck on numerous occasions, but that's also true for Bardet.

I like bardet but unless he can stay within 3 days of his rivals in ITT's in the GC's he is never gonna have a chance.

The only good ITT GC contenders in the Giro are Almeida who loses lots of time on multi mountain stages, Mcnulty who loses lots of time on any stage with a long mountain and Evenepoel who has not raced this season. There is a good chance that ITT will not be significant at the Giro.

And Engelhardt again, going for the sprint.

Really looking forward to see how some of the young/inexperienced guys climb today. Skjelmose, Vaceks, Palzer, Zwiehoff, Umba, Lipowitz, Ardila, Colleoni, Traeen etc.

Regarding the bigger favourites, I'm hoping Fabbro and Bardet will do well.

Reactions: Sandisfan
And Engelhardt again, going for the sprint.

Really looking forward to see how some of the young/inexperienced guys climb today. Skjelmose, Vaceks, Palzer, Zwiehoff, Umba, Lipowitz, Ardila, Colleoni, Traeen etc.

Regarding the bigger favourites, I'm hoping Fabbro and Bardet will do well.
The Vaceks are rather different riders. Karel's main weapon was always his insane acceleration, Mathias is mor of an allrounder, a top TTer in the junior ranks and he also packs a decent sprint.
Mathias Vacek was also a good XC skier in the Junior ranks, last year he won the junior NC in the mass start and finished 7th in the individual. He also finished 11th and 15th in the youth olympic games last year. He only really trained for XC skiing during the off-season, so his results are pretty impressive.

The Vaceks are rather different riders. Karel's main weapon was always his insane acceleration, Mathias is mor of an allrounder, a top TTer in the junior ranks and he also packs a decent sprint.
Mathias Vacek was also a good XC skier in the Junior ranks, last year he won the junior NC in the mass start and finished 7th in the individual. He also finished 11th and 15th in the youth olympic games last year. He only really trained for XC skiing during the off-season, so his results are pretty impressive.
Yep, thats why its interesting to see them both in this race here.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS