• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of the Alps 2021 (April 19th-23rd)

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What are you keeping your eye on during the Tour of the Alps?

• who's going to win

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • a youngster or outsider the thread-starter didn't even know existed

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • the scenery

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • who's in form for the Giro

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • whether Anton Palzer is the new LeMond

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • whether Bernal's back is good

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • whether Pinot's back is good

• whether Hindley will have to wait for Bardet when he's in for a podium

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • whether Hindley will have to put on a rain jacket

• your girl/boyfriend/Netflix

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Clipboard.gif

Chris Froome: +14:13s

GC
Clipboard-GC.gif

Yates is such a joy to watch when he's on form. He cat and moused Sivakov and Quintana on the climb and just never let up. Sivakov showed good determination to limit losses and Martin is a reliable fast finisher.

Quintana wasted a lot of energy attacking and countering. I don't think he was ever going to get enough of a cushion to ride away from anybody in the last 10km, so why not try to follow and keep closer on GC? Anyway, I don't think he'll be winning much anymore, unfortunately. He just doesn't have the stamina anymore.

Fun stage. We've been spoiled this year with great racing.

@yaco
You are the Yates expert. Is Simon in top form yet or was this him not in top form? Either way, he is probably my top favourite for the Giro.

I was asking for Hindley to show something in this race and he's been solid today. It was funny when ES announcers had mistaken Martin for Froome. They were all excited at first. Their voice considerably changed after they realised it was Dan Martin: "Ah...it's just Dan Martin"... lol

• Haha
Reactions: BlueRoads
Expected also more from Bora (Großschartner and especially Fabbro) today
He and most of the team came straight from an altitude training camp, they'll probably need a few days of racing until they start going. Well, better now than at the Giro (I think many of those guys who swapt their final prep race with an altitude training camp could end up loosing some time on stage 4).

Reactions: Earns1985

TRENDING THREADS