• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of the Alps 2021 (April 19th-23rd)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What are you keeping your eye on during the Tour of the Alps?

• who's going to win

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • a youngster or outsider the thread-starter didn't even know existed

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • the scenery

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • who's in form for the Giro

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • whether Anton Palzer is the new LeMond

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • whether Bernal's back is good

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • whether Pinot's back is good

• whether Hindley will have to wait for Bardet when he's in for a podium

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • whether Hindley will have to put on a rain jacket

• your girl/boyfriend/Netflix

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, Bernal has been pretty darn good this season, back issues or not. Surely he's a bigger favorite than Yates, but let's hope for some good battles between those two (and hopefully Remco as well) in the Giro!

He has been looking good. A lot better right away than I expected, dont know if that is a reason they slowed down the racing a bit. If he was too good, too early or that they are just being careful to manage his back, so that he will be okay and fresh for 3 weeks of racing coming up. Which I guess is probably the main concern.

Reactions: Sandisfan
This does not change anything for the Giro in my opinion. It is Yates, Bernal and Landa. The other ones coming out of here have a shot but I would not put 5 stars on them yet. As for Remco, please let him come back to racing first. Let's be realistic.
We should be realistic, and not throw around crazy predictions like last year of Remco winning the Giro with 15 minutes. It is very possible that he will win with a difference smaller than 5 minutes. We must come to terms with this.

I kid, i kid.

So can anybody tell me a little more about Tobias Halland Johannessen?
His best performance on the road before this race was like... 25th in the Lillehammer GP.

He must have some CX background.

I don't know much about neither him or his brother, but they seem to have ridden both MTB and cyclo-cross in the past, so their emergence should perhaps not surprise us. I guess there will also be some U23 riders, who seem to develop rapidly this year, but in reality it's mainly because they had limited opportunities to prove themselves last season.

Fun stage. We've been spoiled this year with great racing.

@yaco
You are the Yates expert. Is Simon in top form yet or was this him not in top form? Either way, he is probably my top favourite for the Giro.

I was asking for Hindley to show something in this race and he's been solid today. It was funny when ES announcers had mistaken Martin for Froome. They were all excited at first. Their voice considerably changed after they realised it was Dan Martin: "Ah...it's just Dan Martin"... lol

For me, Yates has been too inconsistent in the last two years to be super confident about his prospects at the Giro - As long as he is patient, close to top form and is consistent then you expect a podium - I have Bernal as favorite but without much confidence.

Imho, the Yates'es blew a great chance to become the best GT racer in history, by both pretending to be the same rider. Adam riding the first 10 days and Simon the second half.
The brothers Evenepoel are handling it smarter so far at least.

It must have been annoying though for the one who didn't crash and still couldn't race all this time.

Imho, the Yates'es blew a great chance to become the best GT racer in history, by both pretending to be the same rider. Adam riding the first 10 days and Simon the second half.
The brothers Evenepoel are handling it smarter so far at least.

I think the Froome brothers are doing a better job. For almost 10 years it was Christos who cashed the cheques while Chris was riding, but now they have decided to switch roles again.

How many are there?
Three, but their parents only registered Rudy, though officially they called him Remco. And then there are Dirk and Herman. Dirk and Herman are experts at hiding in the bushes. Rudy usually goes in the attack, and after 10-20km Dirk takes over, while Herman spends a lot of time developing victory celebrations. He usually jumps in the final 5k. Herman is also the arrogant one of the bunch, luckily it was him who got injured. Dirk left a gap in the descent to stay out of sights so that the camera wouldn't notice the switcheroo, and only 200 meters later Herman went over the bridge.

This is what went wrong in stage 1 of Burgos last year. Rudy attacked but Dirk fell asleep in the bushes, so the peloton caught Remco. With the long break in Germany two years ago, it was Herman who screwed up.

Three, but their parents only registered Rudy, though officially they called him Remco. And then there are Dirk and Herman. Dirk and Herman are experts at hiding in the bushes. Rudy usually goes in the attack, and after 10-20km Dirk takes over, while Herman spends a lot of time developing victory celebrations. He usually jumps in the final 5k. Herman is also the arrogant one of the bunch, luckily it was him who got injured. Dirk left a gap in the descent to stay out of sights so that the camera wouldn't notice the switcheroo, and only 200 meters later Herman went over the bridge.

This is what went wrong in stage 1 of Burgos last year. Rudy attacked but Dirk fell asleep in the bushes, so the peloton caught Remco. With the long break in Germany two years ago, it was Herman who screwed up.

I want to give this three likes.

Who is in charge of their social media accounts? And are they all in a relationship with the same woman, or does she have multiple sisters as well?

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS