• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Utah: Stage 1

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 7, 2009
Visit site
I frequent Utah quite a bit, but ironically am not very familiar with the Salt Lake City region (have been there a few times, but don't "know" it). I belive southern Utah has some great terrain, but it would be too hot this time of year for a bike race. The Wasatch are a very scenic mountain range.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Deagol said:
I frequent Utah quite a bit, but ironically am not very familiar with the Salt Lake City region (have been there a few times, but don't "know" it). I belive southern Utah has some great terrain, but it would be too hot this time of year for a bike race. The Wasatch are a very scenic mountain range.

I think it is more cost effective and easier to pull off stage-races races in smaller areas here in the U.S. Another example would be the Tour of the Gila
which has been going on some 30 years now. The town of Silver City fully supports it. It works well. They should hold the pro race separate from the all the others.

TOC could stay in northern Claifornia.

The idea of a GT here is a stretch.

The coverage was ridiculously bad. As they went into the final turn, the camera stayed on the turn and watched the caravan rather than the race. The announcers had no idea who won the race and just had to guess based on the rider's build. However, I can't really complain because we have so few races in the U.S that get any TV coverage.

TRENDING THREADS