• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Track Cycling at the 2020...2021 Olympics

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Danes and GB did the bulk of the work. France was daring to attack. Belgium played all or nothing in the end.
It has been a crash-ridden, tactical race. No teams taking a lap, never more than one team was allowed to attack, so very hard to take a lap.
The Danes rode it tactically perfect: in the end they didn't have to follow Belgium, they controlled and while they let team GB go, they would have made sure they didn't take a lap.

Danes and GB did the bulk of the work. France was daring to attack. Belgium played all or nothing in the end.
It has been a crash-ridden, tactical race. No teams taking a lap, never more than one team was allowed to attack, so very hard to take a lap.
The Danes rode it tactically perfect: in the end they didn't have to follow Belgium, they controlled and while they let team GB go, they would have made sure they didn't take a lap.

I don't think they were in total control at the end. They would have followed the Brits and not been overtaken by the French if they could've.

Watching the men's Madison replay..German rider hooked hard by Brit rider..he stayed down for a couple of laps, but nothing broken got up and started jammin' despite his skin and skin suit being rubbed off..looks painful.

anybody followed the Mexico mess up..federation screwed up paper work submissions and two elite riders had to stay home rather than defend their championship records and go to Tokyo..
Snafu

Was honestly shocked to see he had won (hadn't watched this session live) as hadn't expected him to even make the final. Seemed a Games too far for him, down on speed compared to some of the others and resorting to desperate long range attacks. And then he wins the gold...

I thought GB had made the mistake of relying on the the palmares rather than performances with Kenny. I would say that he was extremely lucky to win gold but a fantastic swansong for him.

Definitely one of those races we are likely to never see again at this level.

Kenny’s form did seem to pick up over the past 24 hours. He looked much better in the repechage and again in the SF, I thought maybe a bronze or silver, then with 2 laps to go it was done and dusted.

Some observations regarding the women's madison:

There is a lot of improvement to be made during the changes:
  1. they are generally slow and not efficient (in terms of transfer of speed) in most teams. Team GB is doing the best job.
  2. because they are not very efficient, other riders don't wait for changes, they just overtake. It creates a lot of unnecessary double / triple files and more chance for crashes
  3. because they are slow, it's hard to time them right, and they take a lot of time and space. It creates dangerous situations, because other riders come in between those who are changing.
All in all, a very tricky race.

And I feel, in the end, it will be a very difficult race to know where is the peloton...! But that's why I love Madison :)

Its because they keep forgetting to go to their right and go up and around the riders coming down for their change. They go between them. The women don't have the madison experience that the men have.

No Comm Games thread? A Canadian just got the arse from the Keirin for backing off too far from the rider in front of him while they were behind the derny. Big deal, hey? Ha. :p I think he was the 2nd rider, and he backed way off with 3 guys behind him

***! This just happened at the Comm Games

60903019-0-image-a-103_1659269594495.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: PeterB

TRENDING THREADS