• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tragic News

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
2 weeks ago, Craig would have turned 27.

I mention this, as it is a sign of his popularity on the boards that i know that, as Chritian, to his credit 1 year ago on June 10th 2011, posted in the general news section that both Andy Schleck and Craig Walsh turned 26 that day.

Well I feel very bad for only just finding this out.
I read all the posts and feel incredibly sad for him, his family and friends.
Craig was a genuine nice guy.
Not a nasty bone in his body.
We did a ride together a couple of years ago which we discussed online but I never actually met him.
He was one guy I'd had in my mind I must catch up with one day.
Never got around to it even though he lives only 70km away.
Isn't life cruel?
It sounds like there was nothing Craig could have done to avoid what happened.
I sincerely hope they threw the book at the motorist.

RIP Craig

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Craig Walsh

Hi all, this is Craig1985 dad Colin, my wife and I have only just found this website and are absolutely overwhelmed by how high in everyones esteem Craig was held. Your words of condolence and the value placed on his thoughts make us the proudest parents you can imagine in this time of turmoil. The court case against the man that killed him is likely to take another 18months to 2 years to conclude. After this has been settled we wish to scatter Craigs ashes somewhere along the Tour de France as his trip in 2005 to this event cemented forever Craigs love of your sport and his drive to be a better rider and combine sport with another one of his loves photography. Anybody who knows of place on the Tour of particular signifigance to Craig or any suggestions? Please feel free to contact us email phantomwalsh54@gmail.com.

Colin and Sue Walsh

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
colinwalsh said:
Hi all, this is Craig1985 dad Colin, my wife and I have only just found this website and are absolutely overwhelmed by how high in everyones esteem Craig was held. Your words of condolence and the value placed on his thoughts make us the proudest parents you can imagine in this time of turmoil. The court case against the man that killed him is likely to take another 18months to 2 years to conclude. After this has been settled we wish to scatter Craigs ashes somewhere along the Tour de France as his trip in 2005 to this event cemented forever Craigs love of your sport and his drive to be a better rider and combine sport with another one of his loves photography. Anybody who knows of place on the Tour of particular signifigance to Craig or any suggestions? Please feel free to contact us email phantomwalsh54@gmail.com.

Colin and Sue Walsh

It was a great privilege to be in contact with your son on this forum. Although it can be hard to truly understand someone on a forum like this, I think it is fair to say that we all enjoyed Craig's positive spirit and he will be (and is) sorely missed by everyone. Good luck with the future.

Thanks Colin and Sue for coming here. I know in today's cyberworld it's hard to see things sometime, but Craig had a lot of friends and was very well liked here. He was a great guy and has obviously been missed by many of us. Part of his spirit is still here with us, and probably always will be.

Colin and Sue, Craig touched us all.
He was genuine and interesting and caring. We all felt an affinity for him as if we had known him in real life.
Our thoughts are always with him and you both...he was very special, and we were lucky to have been a part of his life in this way.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
I can't believe I have learned just today about Craig's tragic death. :(
Reading the road and clinic sections only once in awhile this year, I had no idea what had happened, but I did wonder why I didn't see his familiar sig and avatar in any of them, just thought he had moved to another forum, or pay less interest, like I did.

We lost another good one, and way too early.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Nothing will bring him back, but I hope the man responsible will face the consequences of taking Craig's life.

RIP mate.