• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tragic News

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hell no...

One of the few people around here that I genuinely like and one of the only I people I included as "friend" (as superficial as that is) on these boards.

The guy had a mode of life that I respect dearly. I know I am not the easiest person to comprehend or to be around and I often agitate people, but he looked right through my manifest behaviour. People that succeed in doing so have good chances of becoming my friend in real life.

I remember how he was one of those people that didn't take my harshness and silliness serious. The people that see me for who I am and realize that I don't mean to **** people off are rare in this world, not only on this forum. He was one of those people.

From my personal experience I can only say that he stood out among the rest. He was to only guy that voted in that grotesquely absurd "Boomcie is totally awesome"-thread. I never would have thought that anyone would take that thread seriously, sadly some people did, but it also showed Craig at his finest: a guy that's genuinely kind and understanding and someone who assumes the best in people, never the worst.

Thanks for looking past absurdity and stupidity and not taking life too serious at all time. It's people like you that make this world worth living in (for me personally).

Can't help being all teary-eyed now.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I am not placing blame on either sides but we are hearing these sorts of incidences every day in the news in melbourne and around Australia. Something needs to be done.

A

Anonymous

Just to let you all know, i have sent a short messages to one of craigs coaches at the club. Passed on my personal commiserations but have also pointed him to this thread so that if he should wish to pass on some of the messages here he can.

Dave

A

Anonymous

I just read this news last night. It's hard to comprehend how a young man hops on his bike for a ride and does not make it home.

Like most of us, I never met Craig, although a few of us had offered to help get him to Southern California for a CN forums meet-up over a beer at The Back Abbey. Then there were the plans for the Tour of Flanders.

Things we should have done....

Rest in peace, Craig. You touched many, had an impact in this world and leave us way too soon.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Such a passion he had for so many things! It was contagious. From riding and racing, to traveling and experiencing the world, to learning a new language...

RIP Craig.

Still in disbelief...

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Rest in Peace Craig1985.

From the information a person can glean from a cycling message board you carried yourself with dignity and pride. My thoughts are with his family during these unimaginable times ahead without someone as good as you in their lives.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life.
A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
- Mark Twain

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Very sad news. I was thinking about why Chris wasn't posting any new pictures to caption lately. He had a great sense of humour and he will be missed. I feel for his family and friends.

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Very sad news. I was thinking about why Craig wasn't posting any new pictures to caption lately. He had a great sense of humour and he will be missed. I feel for his family and friends.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
After sleeping on this news it is harder for me today than yesterday. i was purging pm's and just couldn't delete his. courteous kind and objective he was good people and found the best in everyone.

TRENDING THREADS