• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Training camps

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Early December has become the traditional time for a team get together. A little riding, a good meal, followed by a visit to the Yellow Rose for some cocaine and hookers.

dnj49z.jpg

Sad to see such a great tradition go by the wayside. That darn Jeff Noviztky is such a buzzkill. The US based, Texas sponsored Radioshack will have their first camp in Calpe, Spain this year. Too bad as I am sure there are some folks in the US that would love to talk with Julien and Eki.

Wonder if Matt White will be in Boulder this year? Nah, probably not.

On a related note.....please, somebody figure out a way to get Verbruggen to the US. I will let him stay at my place, drive him to the Grand Jury. I will even make sure the fridge is stocked with his favorite beer. He just needs to get on the plane.

Race Radio said:
Early December has become the traditional time for a team get together. A little riding, a good meal, followed by a visit to the Yellow Rose for some cocaine and hookers.

dnj49z.jpg

Sad to see such a great tradition go by the wayside. That darn Jeff Noviztky is such a buzzkill. The US based, Texas sponsored Radioshack will have their first camp in Calpe, Spain this year. Too bad as I am sure there are some folks in the US that would love to talk with Julien and Eki.

On a related note.....please, somebody figure out a way to get Verbruggen to the US. I will let him stay at my place, drive him to the Grand Jury. I will even make sure the fridge is stocked with his favorite beer. He just needs to get on the plane.

Nah, Cayman Islands for Matty.

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:

dnj49z.jpg

Yep, if a guy cheats on his wife - well, technically speaking, if one hngs out a strip club while they are married is that really cheasting - then can we take a leap and assume that they would cheat at just about anything elese in life? Just asking . . . perhaps Flicker or Polish can respond?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
It has been reported on Daniel Bensons twitter that no US riders will be at the Team Radio Shack training camp in Europe.

Maybe the US riders are exhausted after their training camp in the Livestrong booth at the Yellow Rose.

sartain said:
Yep, if a guy cheats on his wife - well, technically speaking, if one hngs out a strip club while they are married is that really cheasting - then can we take a leap and assume that they would cheat at just about anything elese in life? Just asking . . . perhaps Flicker or Polish can respond?

There was an article a few years ago when Armstrong gave a local bouncer in Austin the "do you know who I am speech?" after not being let in to a club. That story wasn't that interesting but the comments submitted were. It started with one person saying what an ar3e Armstrong was. Then one girl posted a story how Armstrong hit on her an her sister in a club. Then another posted saying when he was married he hit on her. And another and another all with stories about Armstrong and his se3ual exploits in Austin. See if I can dig it out. *

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
There was an article a few years ago when Armstrong gave a local bouncer in Austin the "do you know who I am speech?" after not being let in to a club. That story wasn't that interesting but the comments submitted were. It started with one person saying what an ar3e Armstrong was. Then one girl posted a story how Armstrong hit on her an her sister in a club. Then another posted saying when he was married he hit on her. And another and another all with stories about Armstrong and his se3ual exploits in Austin. See if I can dig it out. *

Here you go:

Lance Armstrong loses his cool (Band of Horses does not)

Ya - the comments are am, interesting:
"Roid Rage"
"Is Higgins French?"

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
So, what's the deal....was this meet-and-greet w/ the hookers a yearly ritual, or was it just a one-time story from the time photo was taken? Ditto for the cocaine ingestion...?

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
NashbarShorts said:
So, what's the deal....was this meet-and-greet w/ the hookers a yearly ritual, or was it just a one-time story from the time photo was taken? Ditto for the cocaine ingestion...?

With respect to the yearly December training camps in Austin, especially during the Postal years, it was pretty much a ritual.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

Wasn't it someone on this forum who said that half of the people of texas love and practically worship Armstrong and the other half can't stand him.

The difference between the two being, the one's that love him have never met him. I probably don't do it justice, but that was a classic

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
If it weren't for all of the performance-enhancing drug use, the cocaine use would actually be a scandal.

I think folks in Austin and NY have seen Armstrong rail a few lines.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:

dnj49z.jpg

This would be a great time for someone to hold a crit with a $1MM prizelist. Everyone from Europe would want to come, but then NOT want to risk being called.

I wonder how many US riders are wintering overseas?

Dr. Maserati said:
Here you go:

Lance Armstrong loses his cool (Band of Horses does not)

Ya - the comments are am, interesting:

Love the comments:

Am not suprised that he pulled his “celebrity card” again. I was a huge fan of his until we met him and he tried get with my friends sister, unsuccessful, and started with his “I’m Lance Armstrong crusade.” Cure Cancer Lance and I’ll be a fan of yours again.

By dbag

February 4, 2008 8:54 PM | Link to this

everyone living in Austin has a “Lance is a dirt bag who hit on my daughter-sister-girlfriend-mom” story. Dude needs to grow up.

I thought he was “Spending more time with his kids”?

By JGM

February 4, 2008 8:59 PM | Link to this

I was at a silent benefit auction recently, and a signed jersey of Lance’s was up for bid. The auction lasted 4 hours, and his jersey garnered a total of 0 bids. On the other hand a day at a local spa went for 1,000 bucks. I myself got a nice signed Kevin Durant ball for $500. Point of story. NO ONE CARES ABOUT LANCE. HE IS SO OVER.

By jlm

February 4, 2008 9:08 PM | Link to this

Guys with real celebrity and power never really have to use it. Threatening a door man doing his job is pretty low class and shows a huge level of insecurity.

Lance, man, you were the MAN! Now be a big man and stop leaving bruises on your adoring public.

Get a grip on your potential and live up to it, ddude, cause you are breaking a whole lot of hearts.

Take stock of your life and live it like the champion you were on a bike. Hey, Lance, you are now off the bike, so it is time to get it together and make the next couple of acts in your life —- world class.

Go apologize to that door man and show the world that you really still area champion.

TRENDING THREADS