• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

training for recovery

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
At every grand tour , in predicting who is going to beat who, an important factor is which rider is able to keep up his form in the last week.
Far from being an expert, I know a few things about how to train for endurance, power, climbing etc, but I've never read or heard anything about how to make sure that you are fit after 18 stages apart from the obvious saving of energy, and resting a lot.
Does anybody have a clue?

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
LPP68! said:
At every grand tour , in predicting who is going to beat who, an important factor is which rider is able to keep up his form in the last week.
Far from being an expert, I know a few things about how to train for endurance, power, climbing etc, but I've never read or heard anything about how to make sure that you are fit after 18 stages apart from the obvious saving of energy, and resting a lot.

Clinic

Consistency. Training day after day. During the season, the guys listed for GT's will go for up to a month without a day off the bike leading into a Grand Tour, clean or not.

Apart from any racing, there won't be much intensity, just maintenance and recovery, with the minimum speed work necessary, generally 2-4 hours. But the key is riding every day.

not a gc rider
but still worth investigating

google adam hansen

then bow down in respect of his achievement(s)

and then get in touch and ask how he prepares himself for such a mammoth task

he's a super nice guy apparently and if he has the time
i'm sure he'd answer some questions for you

i reckon a nice combination of the following will help

training smart
recovering well
using all legal aids to their maximum ability
making the most of the latest technologies
eating very well
staying hydrated
resting sufficiently
having inherited great genes from your folks
having an incredible work ethic
being very determined to achieve your goals

also being paid well helps

LPP68! said:
how to make sure that you are fit after 18 stages apart from the obvious saving of energy, and resting a lot.
------------------------
Be treated like an expensive piece of machinery.
Race, eat - sleep - recover, repeat.
And ..... don't do anything that's contrary to the longterm 'overall goal'

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Well you need to race hard for that. Prepare well, eat well,control on your speed,take a rest when necessary. These things can make you fit and will even prepare you for the race. You can even visit Triathlon Workshops NY to know more about this thing. They have all the information so it can help you.

TRENDING THREADS