• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2013 > 2014

Page 130 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I think they mean Edward Beltran btw, because I can't find any cyclist named Edwin Beltrán. Edward Beltran also actually became second in he GiroBio. But I thought Edward Beltran has signed for an Italian continental team already? :confused:

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
My bad, I should have read the article better, it says:

"En principio iba a formar parte del Nankang-Fondriest continental –Flaminia en 2013-, filial del Tinkoff-Saxo, pero su salto parece que será directo."

I only know a little bit of Spanish, but I think it suggests the transfer appears to be direct, despite the fact Beltran was supposed to for Nankang Fondriest. They don't really offer an explanation for what happened exactly though. Oh and I'm not entirely sure what a 'filial' is, but I suppose if Fondriest is a 'filial' of Saxo-Tinkoff, it's indeed the feeder team you talked about? :p

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:
It was announced that Edward Beltran would ride for Ceramica Flaminia.

However, he isn't announced by Nankang-Fondriest (now the new name of the team) as their new reader, he isn't named as a rider on PCS and other sites. On Spa. ciclismo, i found something:

Unico straniero in squadra, Eduard Alexander Beltran sarebbe dovuta essere la punta di diamante per le corse impegnative: il colombiano, proveniente dalla EPM, si classificò in seconda posizione al GiroBio del 2010 vinto dal suo connazionale Carlos Betancur. Potenziale ennesimo gioiello del movimento sudamericano, che tanti talenti sta lanciando ad alti livelli negli ultimi anni, attualmente non risulta in organico, malgrado il suo arrivo fosse stato annunciato nei mesi scorsi. Bisogna quindi capire dopo le varie vicessitudini, che hanno fatto perdere per strada qualche pezzo, se sarà della partita o meno.

If my Italian is correct, he did sign a contract, but there was to much resistance within the team for his arrival? Does anyone knows more? Ryo perhaps?

he is going to sign for a much bigger team soon :p if yoiu played my eurotour 2014 patch you know already which :)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Cimber said:
Anyone knows something more about him? Ryo?

he's very good climber. pure climber type. 2nd in baby giro behind betancurt en not the super talent of betancurt in climbign abilities he's near or at him no doubt. so except great things in climbs. also he rode very strong colorado in 2011 I think.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
Was that the Saxo feeder team?

it was yes, but it's not anymore. the team has become a mess and saxo pulled out their money and traiuners from them. they lost all their sponsoring and are doubtful to even continue

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
last year beltran won a MTF stage in vuelta colombia.
he has great talent but he was in the wrong team, epm-une where a young gun cannot develop and has only to work for sevilla.
also , as the briceno story shows, it is very difficult to shine in the south american scenario ..

he is real colombian climber and i think he has better climbing legs than atapuma and pantano for instance

he was rumored to make the team with corti's colombia two years ago, but then epm was offering more money so he decided to stay in colombia.
imho, he almost lost two years and i feared he lost the train for europe, but he was helped by fabrizio maesani in italy and tinkoff when saw his test results signed him

very happy for kivi, he has the potential to shine
i hope to see him in the giro this year

Cimber said:
If specialized is out that means Contador out as well? Wouldbe be surprised if that happens unless he wins the Tour.

So new colours for 2015 will be yellow and lime green, NICE ;0)

Dream scenario: Tinkov tells Contador "screw you" and cancels his contract for 2015. Contador signs with Alonso. Contador wins TDF and Vuelta :D

Edit: and then Contador brings Speshy, Saxo and 90% of Tinkoff-Saxo staff and riders with him :D

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
One question remains, however, Cannondales future. There are eight riders who have a contract with the team in 2015 as well. But Gazzetta writes that all eight riders to continue their work with Sagan and therefore continue their careers with Tinkovs cycling team. Contains interesting names as great talents Moreno Moser, Elia Viviani and Davide Villella, and last year's winner of the U23 World Championship riders on the road, Matej Mohoric. And then an old friend of Bjarne Riis, Ivan Basso, also switching over to Tinkoff.

Who, will have to leave Tinkoff team remains to be seen.

An interesting story it is at least ...

From an article of Ekstra Bladet http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/article2232190.ece

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Butterhead said:
... Moreno Moser, Elia Viviani and Davide Villella, and last year's winner of the U23 World Championship riders on the road, Matej Mohoric. And then an old friend of Bjarne Riis, Ivan Basso, also switching over to Tinkoff.

Yep. I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen, but it would become a dream team if Contador, Kreuziger, Roche, Bennatti, Breschel and Majka all stayed. However that doesn't seem possible.

Anyways. Gazzetta has rumoured this fusion a couple of times before, so maybe there is or has been going something on. Back in the days of LeakyGas they also rumoured it.