• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2014 > 2015

Page 121 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
canyonball said:
Sergio Sousa is moving to LA Antarte

Sérgio's Asturias podium feels like a long time ago now, and I always thought Efapel should have given him more of a chance when they were all in for Ribeiro a couple of years back; once they became the super-stacked team with Rui Sousa, Nuno, Brôco and Durán as well he was always headed down the totem pole.

He's got the capabilities to do well, but doesn't seem set out for leading, and hence as a team boss I'd back Pinto, who's been top 5 the last two years, over him.

LA are my favourite of the Portuguese teams though, so if they do sign him and Brôco things will be good.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Wallenquist said:
Horner has now officially signed with Airgas Safeway. That should allow him to ride Cali, Utah and Colorado but i doubt about anything beyond that.

Maybe with Horner they can get invitations to other stage races like Volta a Portugal, Tour of Turkey, Tour of Azerbaijan, Tour of Qinghay Lake... if Horner manages to stay more or less healthy he could crush at some of these

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
the real question is why duarte stays at the team , when is notorious that the team does not pay the complete salary to the riders.
they are always three or four months late and i am convinced that at the end of the year they skip a couple of month.
pena is saying that corti owes money to him, for instance

probably duarte is not ambitious enough to go to a wt team.
he prefer to stay in confort zone in team colombia, with horrible preparation , poor race tactics, poor race calendar for duarte characteristics .
he is comfortable playing the role of the big talent unexpressed .
he has skill and talent, but he has not the mental .

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
proffz said:
the real question is why duarte stays at the team , when is notorious that the team does not pay the complete salary to the riders.
they are always three or four months late and i am convinced that at the end of the year they skip a couple of month.

he prefer to stay in confort zone in team colombia, with horrible preparation , poor race tactics, poor race calendar for duarte characteristics .

Isn't Duarte kinda like Betancur or Schleck in that he has a hard time getting motivated to stay in shape or to get in shape? I think I remember reading that or something to that effect on the forums once?

Maybe if this is the case then Colombia is the only team that will take him?

Ryo Hazuki said:
he rides pure for money and coldeportes pay him more than any other teams minimal wage

At Pro Tour Level? that might be case, but also is the role that would be set to play, in which he'll be purely a "domestique".

Bottom line is- as long as Corti remains in charge of the team, there won't be any chance for most of the riders to glow & secure contracts elsewhere, due to his(Corti) incompetence & lack of commitment to the team to achieve results...

42x16ss said:
Graeme Brown moves down to Pro Conti with Drapac. About time Belkin offloaded him, he's never been able to match it with the real sprinters.

for Belkin he is not of too much use anymore indeed, but MTN definitely should have signed him. Without him Bos is more or less helpless, the only time he has won stages with Brown not being around was in Hainan and Alberta (I think)

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Have any of our Aussie friends, a clue as to where Tim Roe is going to end up next season? It seemed that he has gotten some of his physio problems straightened out, and some nice form came around again in 2014.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Kristoff to do Giro and Vuelta next year skipping Tour where Katusha sole focus is Purito. Trofimov to lead at Giro.
That's what Paolini says at least. It sounds fairly logical, with such mountainous Tour this will be final chance of glory for Joaquim.

spetsa said:
Have any of our Aussie friends, a clue as to where Tim Roe is going to end up next season? It seemed that he has gotten some of his physio problems straightened out, and some nice form came around again in 2014.
Tim Roe is going to Drapac, who will certainly be stronger again than they were last year. They will need to be as Budget Forklifts have improved dramatically and their new signings will only make them better.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
proffz said:

if coldeportes weren't paying salaries riders wouldn't go there. don't believe that bs

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Can't see Kristoff skipping the tour.
Including him won't impact J-Rods relatively small chances (to win the race) anyway imo.

With Kristoff in the Giro/Vuelta, they have some guaranteed stage wins.

And if Purito is on a good level in the Tour, he will have some chances to get wins too.

Status
Not open for further replies.