• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2014 > 2015

Page 122 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Looks like Trek will change for next year, maybe to red judging from the bike. Calvin Watson has tweeted of a "new colour scheme" and included the hashtag "you won't miss us".

Coat-O said:

unlikely, although there's one rider still to be announced as far as I know.

28 riders are known (27 on PCS + Schelling) and that article above mentions "My 29 cyclists" which would indicate that there's another one who already has signed for the team. But the article is wrong about the budget as well (10 million in 2014 to 10-15 million in 2015 is hardly a double up...), so who knows if those numbers are correct at all.

Imhof said he did not get a contract because of a "priority to sign Belgians" - I don't know if he was talking about Degand & Devenyns there or an additional one though.

Maybe Seeldraeyers. Or Francis de Greef, to have a true and experienced leader for Giro & Vuelta :p

MatParker117 said:
Wonder if the Europcar guys will get any offers Rolland, Voeckler and Coquard are worth kicking the tires on at least.

The other French WT squads seems to be pretty set, maybe another Prokonti team is willing to break the bank to sign Voeckler in order to secure a Wildcard for the Tour, but it's very doubtful but i can't imagine who would do that right now.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Why would any leading riders from Europcar leave?

They get paid as if they were WT anyway with only 5% missing ( which will be now saved by not going to some of PT races ) plus ride all the races they'd want, Europcar will get all invites they need.

Michele said:
Exactly, no big difference for them; they will surely do TdF plus some others Classics and smaller stage races which they do care about and probably skip a GT (or 2?) which they dont mind anyway.
Yep, as long as Europcar get to ride the TDF, Roubaix, Flanders, the Ardennes, Paris-Nice and the Dauphine they're happy. They also don't need to go to TDU, Canada, Giro/Vuelta etc. Strong Pro Conti teams tend to get a pretty sweet deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS