• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2016 > 2017

Page 112 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
staubsauger said:
Vesica said:
Der Effe said:
coimbrawu said:
Nederlandse Loterij will replace Oranje Peloton as a co-sponsor of the Roompot team in 2017.
Could someone tell me what is the differences between Nederlandse Loterij and LottoNL? Just diff companies? It looks almost the same for me.

Nederlandse Loterij is a merger between Staatsloterij and Lotto

So they have the same sponsor. As Lotto(NL) will be Nederlandse Loterij, the team will be something like: Nederlandse Loterij-Jumbo. And Roompot wil be Roompot-Nederlandse Loterij..
Nederlandse Loterij is the mother enterprise of De Lotto and Nederlandse Staatsloterij after their merger.

Staatsloterij used to be co-sponsor of the Roompot team while De Lotto of course was and is the title sponsor of the LottoNL-Jumbo team!

It seems that now the main enterprise Nederlandse Loterij has signed a sponsorship contract with Roompot. This might as well mean that both teams gonna merge in 2018 if Nederlandse Loterij wants to use it's sponsorship budget for one big team rather than for two. Would be good actually, since with Breukink, Van Poppel & Co the management set-up of the Roompot looks way more professional than the one of LottoNL-Jumbo. Bianchi might be interested to step-up as a co-sponsor since they were rumored multiple times to do so with multiple teams recently.

It all depends on the willingness of the sponsors and managers to work together of course.

I wish Bianchi would create an Italian WT team.

Closest currently is Sky. Hell, Bianchi tried twice to be there bike supplier.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
´Copeland told La Gazzetta that they were prety close to signing Atapuma and that they even had talks with Papi Horner, I don't know if Nibali was too happy about that. :D

pastronef said:
MatParker117 said:
I wish Bianchi would create an Italian WT team.

Closest currently is Sky. Hell, Bianchi tried twice to be there bike supplier.

never heard of that. you have more details?
Sky just re-upped with Pinarello until 2020.[/quote]

Can't remember where I read it but I remember reading that in 2013 Sky had offers from Pinarello, Specialized, Trek & Bianchi. Sky were close to essentially merging with the then RadioShack at one point with certain members of that team joining Sky and Specialized were offering a lot of money, Bianchi weren't much of a factor. Pinarello threw more money at Sky and it meant Movistar having to switch to Canyon as Pinarello couldn't afford both teams. Bianchi and Specialized tried again in 2016 put Sky again renewed with Pinarello.

GenericBoonenFan said:
TMP402 said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
TMP402 said:

That's a real shame.

In what sense? (I don't disagree, I'm just interested)

I'm a fan, and I feel that he still has a lot to give. He's only 32 after all.
He could be a great lead-out man, I was honestly surprised that he didn't get an offer from Delko-Marseille.

I guess he was on too much money, otherwise, yes, why wouldn't they have made him McLay's leadout.

To be honest, I think Hutarovich has no PCT level anymore. This year he had very poor results. For sure there are and will be worst riders in PCT next year but I can't really see a team which could be interested in Yauheni. The only PCT team I think he could have been a good fit is Delko, which has no real sprinter (they only have Yannick Martinez, since Giroud or Martin Laas don't seem capable to sprint in a .1 race)

I guess he could have continued on Minsk Cycling Team or some small CT team on a low salary which surely would not meet his expectations and status.