• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

Just what is it that you want to do?

Well, we wanna be free... we wanna be free to do what we wanna do

And we wanna get loaded and we wanna have a good time

And that's what we're gonna do

We're gonna have a good time

We're gonna have a party

It's time for this year's transfer rumours thread.

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Somehow I've heard Geraint Thomas' name several times already when it comes to possible transfers in the future, including Eurosport. It would be a more than understandable move away from Team Sky, given his age and his explicit ambitions to be a GT (as in Grand Tour) leader.

I could see him riding for Trek-Segafredo, but that's nothing more than my own gut feeling.

Re:

wouterkaas said:
Somehow I've heard Geraint Thomas' name several times already when it comes to possible transfers in the future, including Eurosport. It would be a more than understandable move away from Team Sky, given his age and his explicit ambitions to be a GT (as in Grand Tour) leader.

I could see him riding for Trek-Segafredo, but that's nothing more than my own gut feeling.

He's known for going into overdrive bandying his name to the media every time his contract is up, and making statements about how "this time" he's considering leaving. He's done it and gotten a wage rise a few times already.

Don't put much stock into it. Especially with Froome possibly facing a ban.

Re:

laarsland said:
I've seen super-Tadej Pogacar rumoured to have signed for UAE already. Anyone have confirmation/source?
PCS have him listed as signed and I haven't been able to catch them on a mistake yet (last year the were even a day or two earlier than our colombian posters to announce the signing of Soto by Caja). So I would say it's a done deal.

Re: Re:

GuyIncognito said:
wouterkaas said:

He's known for going into overdrive bandying his name to the media every time his contract is up, and making statements about how "this time" he's considering leaving. He's done it and gotten a wage rise a few times already.

Don't put much stock into it. Especially with Froome possibly facing a ban.

If Froome doesn't 'get a ban, I can see him leaving....probably!

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Re:

yaco said:
I suspect if BMC folds then Porte will create an interesting selection dilemma for teams - Do you employ him as a GC contender or a one week stage racer.
I think this year will be crucial to that decision, given his age and his history on GT's so far.

according to beppe conti (italian journalist tuttospost + rai), in case the team sky should close (froome doping + intrest in a SKY motoGP team) these could be the transfers :

puccio + moscon to bahrain merida
kwiat to quicksetp
bernal to movistar
poels to lotto nl
rosa to mitchelton

:eek:
torcia_86 said:
according to beppe conti (italian journalist tuttospost + rai), in case the team sky should close (froome doping + intrest in a SKY motoGP team) these could be the transfers :

kwiat to quicksetp
bernal to movistar
poels to lotto nl
rosa to mitchelton

Sky are currently subject to three separate takeover offers from Fox, Disney and Comcast. Comcast in particular has extensive cycling interests and Fox is already a sponsor of the team. Also with Sky's control of F1 broadcasting rights why would they launch a motogp team?

MatParker117 said:
torcia_86 said:

kwiat to quicksetp
bernal to movistar
poels to lotto nl
rosa to mitchelton

Sky are currently subject to three separate takeover offers from Fox, Disney and Comcast. Comcast in particular has extensive cycling interests and Fox is already a sponsor of the team. Also with Sky's control of F1 broadcasting rights why would they launch a motogp team?

the team already exists (https://sport.sky.it/motogp/srt/fot...ky-racing-team-vr46-presentazione-2018.html#3)and partecipates in moto2 and moto3. there is talk of a possible landing in motogp for 2019 or 2020 in collaboration with valentino rossi.

torcia_86 said:
MatParker117 said:
torcia_86 said:

kwiat to quicksetp
bernal to movistar
poels to lotto nl
rosa to mitchelton

the team already exists (https://sport.sky.it/motogp/srt/fot...ky-racing-team-vr46-presentazione-2018.html#3)and partecipates in moto2 and moto3. there is talk of a possible landing in motogp for 2019 or 2020 in collaboration with valentino rossi.

I wouldn't put much stock in that, these things are generally paid for through the marketing budget and Disney in particular will likely shut both down as a cost-cutting measure.

TRENDING THREADS