• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

Page 72 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was starting to think of a folding because they didn't give any news for months since the end of last season but the new sponsors and signings of the former Wilier have finally been announced, the main sponsor will be Neri Sottoli (already sponsor of the team from 2010 to 2014) and the bike supplier KTM.

The new signings are (as largely expected) Visconti, Quintana Jr. and van Empel along neo pro Lorenzo Fortunato, Davide Gabburo, Umberto Marengo and the return to racing of Bongiorno after an year of retirement.

Confirmed Bertazzo, Bevilaqua, Fonzi, Marchetti, Pacioni, Raggio, Rosa, Schönberger, Velasco and Zardini.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Rollthedice said:
Gran Papi Hornerito continues with Team Illuminate for 2019.
and another 47 year old, Manuel 'Triki' Beltrán will debut this year on February 10 in the Vuelta a Córdoba MTB, the first round of the Spanish Open XC Marathon

Re:

Nirvana said:
Some Spanish sites are reporting that grandpa Rebellin has extended with Sovac.
Confirmed:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rebellin-races-on-with-algerian-team-sovac/
bettiniphoto_0362364_1_originali_670.jpg

Re:

Orodreth said:
He is currently with the Euskadi Foundation at Calpe. I have no idea why because be should not fit into the team’s recruitment criteria.

It looks like he is set to join in 2020 (you can find him listed on Procycling stats as a 2020 member).

Also on Villalobos - while he will ride some races later in 2019. He will be with the team full time in 2020 and 2021.

Re: Re:

nedhill said:
Orodreth said:
He is currently with the Euskadi Foundation at Calpe. I have no idea why because be should not fit into the team’s recruitment criteria.

It looks like he is set to join in 2020 (you can find him listed on Procycling stats as a 2020 member).
That might well be an oversight. They removed his 2019 contract from database but might have forgotten about 2020. The reason why I think it's likely is because Higuita is still on the startlist of that Colombian race in February for EF.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site

Anderis said:
nedhill said:
Orodreth said:

That might well be an oversight. They removed his 2019 contract from database but might have forgotten about 2020. The reason why I think it's likely is because Higuita is still on the startlist of that Colombian race in February for EF.

Higuita & Villalobos not on UCI list of Education First riders
https://www.uci.org/road/teams/TeamDetail/10957/1000987/245

That's kind of what we know. They are both not EF riders ATM. If they were, they would be present on their official website.

The question is if Higuita is set to join EF at some point in the future. Villalobos, I'm pretty certain, he is. But I've actually never read a confirmation of Higuita's move to EF from any source I trust.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Anderis said:
That's kind of what we know. They are both not EF riders ATM. If they were, they would be present on their official website.

The question is if Higuita is set to join EF at some point in the future. Villalobos, I'm pretty certain, he is. But I've actually never read a confirmation of Higuita's move to EF from any source I trust.
"If they were, they would be present on their official website"
website here - https://www.efprocycling.com/
where is any list of riders?
"Higuita's move to EF from any source I trust"
Googled 'Sergio Higuita education first'
You don't trust an awful lot of people.....

Tim Booth said:
where is any list of riders?
You click the "menu" button in the top left corner and then you click the "about us" button from the ones that will appear.

Tim Booth said:
You don't trust an awful lot of people.....
Isn't it basically a right thing to do in today's world that tends to overfeed us with often useless information?

Most of the google search results are in the languages I can't speak so obviously I can't say those are the sources I trust because I can't understand them. The fact that I didn't get any sources in English on the first page of my search has always been puzzling to me. Not that I think they're more reliable than others but it suggests the information has been treated more like a rumour than a reliable information by many of the cycling websites.

I have a bit of a question about mid-season transfers (of neo-pros).

Does the UCI rule about neo-pros getting at least two year contracts specifically stage two full years? I've noticed that all the mid-season neo-pros get exactly that; their "starter season" + at least two more years.
Now, you could argue that contracts starting from July start over half-way through the year, and obviously Mitchelton couldn't very well have gone in and claimed that 2018 was Robert Stannard's first season on the WT team.
But what about those signing from June? That's sorta on the edge.
What about Asgreen? He signed from April, could it have been argued that 2018 counted as a full season?
What if a team that already has a minimum of riders on contract run into a situation like Giant-Alpecin a few years ago, or Quickstep last year, and "lose" - at least temporarily - a bunch of riders in mid January, signing a new guy?
(Not sure if that last sentence made sense...)

Re:

RedheadDane said:

Does the UCI rule about neo-pros getting at least two year contracts specifically stage two full years?
nope:

Contracts coming into force before 1 July of the registration year shall be valid at least until 31 December of the same year. For a new professional, the contract shall be valid until at least 31 December of the following registration year.

[...]

The status of new professional ends:
a. If the contract comes into force before 1 July: on 31 December of the subsequent registration year;
b. If the contract comes into force after 30 June: on 31 December of the second subsequent registration year.

https://www.uci.org/docs/default-source/rules-and-regulations/2018-joint-agreements.pdf?sfvrsn=653b794c_4

So Asgreen, for example, could have been dumped by the team at the end of this season.

search said:
RedheadDane said:

Does the UCI rule about neo-pros getting at least two year contracts specifically stage two full years?
nope:

Contracts coming into force before 1 July of the registration year shall be valid at least until 31 December of the same year. For a new professional, the contract shall be valid until at least 31 December of the following registration year.

[...]

The status of new professional ends:
a. If the contract comes into force before 1 July: on 31 December of the subsequent registration year;
b. If the contract comes into force after 30 June: on 31 December of the second subsequent registration year.

https://www.uci.org/docs/default-source/rules-and-regulations/2018-joint-agreements.pdf?sfvrsn=653b794c_4

So Asgreen, for example, could have been dumped by the team at the end of this season.
Could he? Does it not say that for new professionals the contract is valid until the end of the next year - so in Asgreen's case the neo pro period would be 1 year 8 months as opposed to the regular 2 years.

Edit: sorry, you're saying he could be dumped at the end of 2019, I'm still living in 2018 :confused:

TRENDING THREADS