• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They could be able to squeeze in Bennett in a Giro or Vuelta team I think though. He would also be able to race a lot of one-day races as their leader. Since there only seem to be a lot of talks of just riding the GTs...
Bennett wants to ride the Tour de France, and he’s not going to leave Bora (who have otherwise been very good to him for several years) for a team who don’t guarantee him a ride at the Tour.

He’s won a few 1-day races but he’s never going to contend at any Monuments. He’s won stages of pretty much any week-long race he’s gone to, but who cares? And he’s won 5 stages and scored a bundle of 2nd places in the last 2 GTs he’s entered. The big hole in his palmares, as a sprinter, is a TdF stage.

He’s turning 29, he has 2, maybe 3 more years to knock that one off. It would be a waste to spend any of those years at a team who a) have a GC rider, so won’t pick him or b) have a green-jersey-chasing world champion, so won’t pick him or c) aren’t World Tour so have no guarantee of a Tour ride.

Reactions: Akuryo
What is going to happen with Ineos?

Only 22 riders signed, Henao & Kiryienka to re-sign I guess plus Amador signing so still 5 max could sign? I guess it’ll be 3 but who?

Rohan Dennis
Tom Pidcock
Pello Bilbao
Sam Bennett
Peter Kennaugh
Leopold Konig
Taylor Phinney
Mikel Nieve
Esteban Chaves
Ruben Fernandez
Ian Boswell
Matteo Fabbro
Valerio Conti
Are you going to keep asking this every other day?

Or countless other riders that b.broadhurst hasn't added to this subjective list of "riders I think INEOS could be interested in" that he keeps bringing up.
Countless riders whose profile don't fit with them, personally i would be surprised also to see a random Conti or Fernandez signing for them, i can see more a couple of young riders to get to 27 (assuming that Amador is a done deal as well as Kiryenka extension bringing to 24 the contracted riders for 2020).

Reactions: LaFlorecita
Bennett wants to ride the Tour de France, and he’s not going to leave Bora (who have otherwise been very good to him for several years) for a team who don’t guarantee him a ride at the Tour.

He’s won a few 1-day races but he’s never going to contend at any Monuments. He’s won stages of pretty much any week-long race he’s gone to, but who cares? And he’s won 5 stages and scored a bundle of 2nd places in the last 2 GTs he’s entered. The big hole in his palmares, as a sprinter, is a TdF stage.

He’s turning 29, he has 2, maybe 3 more years to knock that one off. It would be a waste to spend any of those years at a team who a) have a GC rider, so won’t pick him or b) have a green-jersey-chasing world champion, so won’t pick him or c) aren’t World Tour so have no guarantee of a Tour ride.

Thanks for quoting a post from March. Nothing has transpired since then.

Israel Cycling Academy DS Nicki Soerensen (who just extended his contract), confirmed Mads Würtz is remaining with the merged team, in an interview with Danish TV2.

He said:

"I look forward to working with Mads Würtz Schmidt. He is a talent who this season has shown, that he is progressing in the right direction".

Interesting that MS has added two very solid riders in De Buyst and Ensing and a neo-pro in Jessica Roberts - Are they losing riders or are they having a more realistic rider squad of 12 or 13 riders.

More women’s teams are looking to do a double program, especially those applying for WT licences under the new system. Fewer teams with bigger squads (and maybe more stability and better facilities) seems to be the end game.

Ensing is a really handy rider but I will also be interested to see how Jess Roberts progresses. So far, the track programme has not delivered that many top road riders, but that might change. They do a bit more bunch racing now.

Reactions: claude cat and yaco
71495702_2456095184480196_8490672383051431936_n.jpg

FDJ's roster for 2020. Pretty nice team.

Reactions: JRanton

TRENDING THREADS