• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kwiatkowski would be a perfect rider for CCC but I'm not sure if CCC would be a perfect team for Kwiatkowski. I had heard rumours about this move being in consideration even before CCC stepped up to the WT, though so I could see this happen somewhere in the future but I didn't expect he would be willing to terminate his current contract with Ineos which goes through 2020, he seemed happy enough there.

Laplaz said:
Latest rumours:
Formolo > EF
Trentin > CCC
Kwiatkowski > CCC
S. Bennett > DQS

Source: Beppe Conti (so not too reliable :D)
LBL could be fun with Formolo and Woods in the same team.

Re:

Anderis said:
Kwiatkowski would be a perfect rider for CCC but I'm not sure if CCC would be a perfect team for Kwiatkowski. I had heard rumours about this move being in consideration even before CCC stepped up to the WT, though so I could see this happen somewhere in the future but I didn't expect he would be willing to terminate his current contract with Ineos which goes through 2020, he seemed happy enough there.

Ineos would likely want several riders in exchange as well.

Re: Re:

Lexman said:
MartinGT said:
Laplaz said:
Latest rumours:
Formolo > EF
Trentin > CCC
Kwiatkowski > CCC
S. Bennett > DQS

Source: Beppe Conti (so not too reliable :D)

Would love to see Kwia at CCC

Bennet to DQS is an interesting one and also I think a good fit for him.

I read while ago that Lefevre said that bennet extended with Bora ....

Yes, he was being asked about him a few weeks ago by journalists and that was his response. It does not appear to be true though, given Bennett’s comments since which indicated he had yet to sign anywhere

Re:

staubsauger said:
Wouldn't Lefevre be better off signing Kittel or Bouhanni super cheap and rebuild them!?

It depends whether he wants to spend money for more or less guaranteed results or spend very little and roll the dice. It also depends on whether they think Jakobsen is ready for the number one sprinter’s race schedule next year, ie whether they are signing a main man or a second option.

Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
staubsauger said:
Wouldn't Lefevre be better off signing Kittel or Bouhanni super cheap and rebuild them!?

It depends whether he wants to spend money for more or less guaranteed results or spend very little and roll the dice. It also depends on whether they think Jakobsen is ready for the number one sprinter’s race schedule next year, ie whether they are signing a main man or a second option.

He signed Kittel in the past following a bad season. And he got Cavendish and Viviani cheap cause they wanted to get away from Sky. So if history is any indicator I'd put my money on Bouhanni/Kittel over Bennett.

Re:

PedroMonteiro said:
https://twitter.com/TeamUAEAbuDhabi/status/1142040536922148864

Kristoff and Bystrøm renew with UAE Team Emirates to 2021
As expected, here there were a lot of conspiracy theories about how bad was for him stay there, i remember after Gent someone even told me that the hashtag YearOfTolerance (see here for reference https://www.theyearoftolerance.ae/en) that the team and all riders use was against Gaviria, but he has a guaranreed and undisputed leader role for all the classics except Sanremo and with a split program he has to work for Gaviria essentially only at the Tour and at the team home race.

Re:

Alex47 said:
UAE, Astana, Andoni, Nippo want to sign Ardila according RTBF.
Not really surprised by those names. I guess the same teams will also try to sign Rubio.
UAE already has an agreement with both Covi and Bagioli, that would be an impressive set of neopros.
Matxin is the reason why UAE are starting to sign so many international prospects, he already did the same when he was working for Quickstep.

TRENDING THREADS