• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

del1962 said:
jaylew said:
MatParker117 said:
Tom Pidcock and Mikkel Bjerg to Ineos
So this turned out not to be true, at least for Bjerg, and I haven't seen anything about Pidcock. At this point, shouldn't we only be posting confirmed signings and not rumors?

He got that one wrong, however it is a Transfers and Rumours thread

Yeah, but we can still clarify whether something is actually confirmed, or just a rumour.

RedheadDane said:
del1962 said:
jaylew said:
MatParker117 said:
So this turned out not to be true, at least for Bjerg, and I haven't seen anything about Pidcock. At this point, shouldn't we only be posting confirmed signings and not rumors?

Yeah, but we can still clarify whether something is actually confirmed, or just a rumour.

Forgot to link the CN article,my bad.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/cyclings-official-transfer-window-opens-august-1/

mariposa said:
Salvarani said:
Ricco' said:
Gabriel Cullaigh to Movistar.

Dont know much about this rider. Interesting to see how Movistar will be rebuilding their team.

There have been rumours about a British rider signing for a few weeks but I am a bit surprised that it is Gabriel. He seems super excited. I hope it works out well for him and the team.

He does sound very excited about joining Movistar.

mariposa said:
Movitrain said:
Ricco' said:
Mikel Landa(ni) Meana confirmed on Bahrain-Merida!!

So Landa, Quintana and Carapaz all leaving Movistar.

Not sure how I feel about this, but a reboot was needed, and now they hit full reboot mode.

I'm not sure how I feel either. Sorry to see Landa go had hoped he might be staying after all. Looking on the bright side a chance for some of the youngsters to show what they can do perhaps.

Also had hoped Landa might stay, but it sounds like Movistar never offered him a contract and he was willing to talk to them. However, when they started this season with all but 2 riders out of contract (although as everyone knew Valverde would be re-signed may as well have been 3 riders) it was the perfect time to do a full evaluation and do a major reset for the team. There are rumors floating around that they are looking to sign between 4 and 8 young Spanish kids who aren't at the WT level and several are amateur riders. The only name I've seen associated with those rumors is Sergio Samitier. (I still expect they will re-sign Castrillo.)

RedheadDane said:
del1962 said:
jaylew said:
MatParker117 said:

At some point every year we insist people enclose a link or state in which newspaper they read it.

Koronin said:
mariposa said:
Movitrain said:
Ricco' said:
Mikel Landa(ni) Meana confirmed on Bahrain-Merida!!

So Landa, Quintana and Carapaz all leaving Movistar.

Not sure how I feel about this, but a reboot was needed, and now they hit full reboot mode.

I'm not sure how I feel either. Sorry to see Landa go had hoped he might be staying after all. Looking on the bright side a chance for some of the youngsters to show what they can do perhaps.

Also had hoped Landa might stay, but it sounds like Movistar never offered him a contract and he was willing to talk to them. However, when they started this season with all but 2 riders out of contract (although as everyone knew Valverde would be re-signed may as well have been 3 riders) it was the perfect time to do a full evaluation and do a major reset for the team. There are rumors floating around that they are looking to sign between 4 and 8 young Spanish kids who aren't at the WT level and several are amateur riders. The only name I've seen associated with those rumors is Sergio Samitier. (I still expect they will re-sign Castrillo.)
Pretty certain they will re-sign Castrillo, and Carretero who came from their amateur team the year before, and was a great helper in the Giro.

I expect José Félix Parra to be one of them, he had top 10s in the main mountain stages in the Girobio and the Giro della Valle d'Aosta, and has been top 5 in Subida a Gorla, the Vuelta a Bidasoa and the Vuelta a Navarra, three important amateur mountainous races in the Basque-Navarrese scene that is so important to Spanish development riders. Martín Bouzas is also a possibility. Íñigo Elosegui we already know about. Ivan Moreno and Martí Marquez are also potentially ready for the step up, but not as immediately promising as the first 3, and Abarcá tend to only promote 1 or 2 each year from Lizarte. It seems quite unlikely that they'll be taking from other amateur setups, so we're probably looking at ProConti and Conti teams for the others. Xavi Cañellas and Alex Aranburu from Caja Rural would seem obvious targets, and Óscar Rodríguez, who was once upon a time in the Movistar development setup and, like Samitier, had to go elsewhere to step up as he had done his time in the amateur setup, but was in a queue to turn pro at the time.

Libertine Seguros, Carretero is one of the 7 riders they announced they have re-signed.

Rodriguez is one I've seen in the rumors. Yes, we know about Íñigo Elosegui. Most of the other names I hadn't seen anywhere, but most of the rumors haven't had names tied to them. Those you listed do make sense as to who Movistar is likely looking at.

DNP-Old said:
Sestriere said:
Georg Zimmermann turns pro with CCC in 2020. He will be a stagiare with them for the remainder of the season.
Very underrated signing this. I thought Bora would snatch him immediately, but turns out they've been asleep the whole time. This kid will be a very good pro.

Absolutely agree, his ride at the nationals was mightily impressive. Apparently he and CCC were already in contact since last winter. Still surprised with Bora though, he came up through their system and still has his coach from that time.

Bora should really pick up some neos this year and with Zimmermann, Rutsch and Steimle the most obvious german choices are probably gone (if Steimle gets a contract after his stagiaire stint). They could go for Haller or Gamper but I'm not sure about their WT potential.

WKA311 said:
DNP-Old said:
Sestriere said:
Georg Zimmermann turns pro with CCC in 2020. He will be a stagiare with them for the remainder of the season.
Very underrated signing this. I thought Bora would snatch him immediately, but turns out they've been asleep the whole time. This kid will be a very good pro.

Absolutely agree, his ride at the nationals was mightily impressive. Apparently he and CCC were already in contact since last winter. Still surprised with Bora though, he came up through their system and still has his coach from that time.

Bora should really pick up some neos this year and with Zimmermann, Rutsch and Steimle the most obvious german choices are probably gone (if Steimle gets a contract after his stagiaire stint). They could go for Haller or Gamper but I'm not sure about their WT potential.

I spoke to someone with an inside source close to the team, they said that Denk is not keen on signing German neo's and the source is not happy with him for this. This makes me think the source is probably a sponsor, presumably a German one. Maybe Bora, maybe another company. That's just a guess however.

But as long as Denk can sign top German talent like Ackermann, Buchmann and Schachmann (even though they turned two of those guys pro anyway!!), as well as the Austrians, the show will go on...

WKA311 said:
DNP-Old said:
Sestriere said:

An interesting name would be Felix Gall, but he'll probably stay with Sunweb after riding for their U23 team.

Mayomaniac said:
WKA311 said:
DNP-Old said:
Sestriere said:

An interesting name would be Felix Gall, but he'll probably stay with Sunweb after riding for their U23 team.

I am also not sure if he is already there on WT level.

DNP-Old said:
Sestriere said:

Maybe there's a limit to have many young Germans with a name ending in 'mann' a team can have. :p
Could you imagine? Ackermann, Buchmann, Schachmann, Zimmermann... and that's not even including Schwarzmann, who may or may not be leaving.

It would be a weird one but I've seen it reported a few places that Canyon wants Mathieu van der Poel at Movistar.

http://cycling.today/canyon-reportedly-wants-mathieu-van-der-poel-to-ride-with-movistar/
His team and Katusha are in talks about a fusion, has been confirmed, that would also be good news for Canyon.
MVP and Politt would be a scary combination.
Petilli to Wanty, a bit of a surprise, but he should get plenty of chances to ride for himself, now that G. Martin is gone.
Martinelli Jr. to Astana, I wonder why:D
Source

I'm sure some of these were here but seem to have been lost.

Guillaume Martin to Cofidis
Lawrence Naesen and Andrea Vendrame to AG2R.
Davide Martinelli to Astana.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Davide_Marti93/status/1159138539617030145

I'm not 100% sure how the system works next year but does this move significantly improve Martin's chances of being in Nice next July?

Reactions: claude cat

TRENDING THREADS