• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Samuel Sánchez is free to race again as of this month, I believe.
Yea, but he'll turn 42 before any real racing takes place next year, and I don't think he's a Rebellin or Kasai who feel like the sport is all they have. If he does want to come back, I can only see Burgos-BH or a Portuguese squad giving him a ride (the Portuguese teams frequently make up the numbers at the Vuelta a Asturias, which is of course his home race, and I'm remembering Santi Pérez riding for Loulé, where he'd be nowhere in Portugal but fighting for the win every year in his home race).

Yea, but he'll turn 42 before any real racing takes place next year, and I don't think he's a Rebellin or Kasai who feel like the sport is all they have. If he does want to come back, I can only see Burgos-BH or a Portuguese squad giving him a ride (the Portuguese teams frequently make up the numbers at the Vuelta a Asturias, which is of course his home race, and I'm remembering Santi Pérez riding for Loulé, where he'd be nowhere in Portugal but fighting for the win every year in his home race).

Well theoretically he could join a team now, I think. But I take your point. It would be nice if someone could call him up and find out.

Not sure how reliable this website is, but it says Stefano Oldani (currently Kometa) will be at Lotto-Soudal next year.

That would be an unexpected and interesting signing

So it looks like Trek wasn't really interested in signing him. I mean he would have also been a logical choice as a stagiaire.
I agree but the same would be true for Michel Ries (who was a stagiaire with Trek already last year). I guess they have to make decisions and maybe they felt Oldani isn't quite ready for WT level yet. Lotto seems like a bit of a strange match but it could definitely work. He is quite an allround rider and could get a lot of opportunities.

More believable rumour about Movistar is David De La Cruz joining from Ineos. He's out of contract this year and moving down the pecking order. Lots more GC chances at Movistar next year, as things stand

He has GC potential and might get his own chances in some one-week races and going for stages in the GTs, because I think he would be used as a helper for either Soler or Mas in a GT next season.

If he finds some form and has a good season, it will be a great signing for them. He has been a bit of a disappointment in the recent years though.

TRENDING THREADS