• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mitchelton Scott sign Kaden Groves as a neo-pro - Previously rode for their continental team and switched to SEG Academy in 2019 to refine his skills. A sprinter type who is on a similar level to Dainese - Will probably end up a sprinter/classics type.

According to here, Oscar Rodriguez and Fernando Barcelo both to Movistar.

Both are pretty interesting riders. I hope they sign them both! Both of them will ride the Vuelta btw.

Good Italians signings, both are very loyal and dependable domestiques.

Benoot joins Sunweb and NOT Ineos.

Wondering who will end up at Ineos now as many riders are rumoured to be leaving. Only Carapaz seems majorly linked to join.

Poels, De La Cruz, Rosa, Elissonde, Halvorsen all linked with other teams for next year. Knees and Kiryienka likely to retire. Golas, Doull, Henao and Basso also at risk from not being re-signed. Ganna, Sosa, Lawless, Dunbar, Van Baarle & Swift are sure to get new deals I presume.

Who could come in?

Carapaz
Campenaerts
Chaves
Meintjes
Kamna
Pidcock

Benoot joins Sunweb and NOT Ineos.

Wondering who will end up at Ineos now as many riders are rumoured to be leaving. Only Carapaz seems majorly linked to join.

Poels, De La Cruz, Rosa, Elissonde, Halvorsen all linked with other teams for next year. Knees and Kiryienka likely to retire. Golas, Doull, Henao and Basso also at risk from not being re-signed. Ganna, Sosa, Lawless, Dunbar, Van Baarle & Swift are sure to get new deals I presume.

Who could come in?

Carapaz
Campenaerts
Chaves
Meintjes
Kamna
Pidcock

If I remember correctly, Knees stated that he wanted to stay for another year of he can.
Kamna is heavily linked with Bora and should have a strong bond with Sunweb as well after how good they treated him last year when he was burned out.
Hayter would be my first guess as a new recruit actually.

Kamna is heavily linked with Bora and should have a strong bond with Sunweb as well after how good they treated him last year when he was burned out.

Your contract ends after this season. Bora has already shown interest. What's next for you?

In cycling you start talking with different teams early, of course also with Sunweb. But until Sunweb or another team releases a press statement I'm not allowed to say anything.

Jakst: That depends on how important it is for him to be assisted by Sunweb when he took his break last year. That should play a role, right?

Kämna: I'm very grateful to Sunweb for that, no question, but you always have to question why it happened. I do not want to hang that too high. Sunweb gave me the time, which was very sincere, but it can not be the decider for the future.

Bennoot -> Sunweb confirmed.
Deceuninck Quikckstep is gonna negociated soon with Mauri Vansevenant. 6 others teams also interested.
Benoot, poor sap.
Vansevenant might be a good prospect, but Van Wilder is where it's at imho. But he's probably too deep into Lotto for the time being.

EDIT: Vansevenant is going to look at his options. There is no prior arrangement with Lefevre at least.

EB6QcF-XkAAt0Xo

Last edited:
Who could come in?

Carapaz
Campenaerts
Chaves
Meintjes
Kamna
Pidcock

Meintjes would be like Koenig - a guy who can get a top-10 if he gives everything, just about managing to sit at the back of the group of the best 15 or so riders. But this kind of rider cannot really put in an effort to bury other riders. It doesn't seem like a sensible idea.

Now, to be fair, the only guys INEOS were getting in that reduced group in the Tour were the two leaders. No longer any Porte, Poels, Landa or Nieve. They're lacking a superdomestique. But again, I don't think a guy who dreams of Zubeldia-ing his way to 7th has what they need. They need someone like an in-form Yates.

TRENDING THREADS