• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
At this moment Noviestar has only 20 riders under contract for 2020,they need at least another 6 or 7...but the question is..where from/?
Well, if we discount the rumours for people who were with Acquadro such as Rodríguez and Samitier given Movistar have blacklisted him, it does limit them but while they may not be as top heavy as they currently are, there are some options out there. For example, Manzana-Postobón's garage sale. Quite a few of those riders are either available or signed short term deals after the team's collapse. Aldemar Reyes is probably of most interest to them, but there's also Yecid Sierra and Juan Felipe Osorio who scored some good results in the Tour of Turkey and in the Spanish domestic calendar respectively. Obviously with the team having been suspended because of doping you can take them with a pinch of salt. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Xuban Errazkin now, too, although I suspect he'll have to work his way up through ProConti like de la Parte did for a few years yet.

They might also take some riders back into the fold who rode with Lizarte but didn't earn the promotion to Movistar when they were bringing up one or two riders a year, so because they were seen as less promising than Carretero or Castrillo they had to wait until it was simply too late - Nicolas Sessler at Burgos-BH and António Soto and Dzmitry Zhyhunou at Euskadi for example. They'll be helpers only, sure, but they'll also be riders whose strengths and weaknesses will be known by the Abarcá setup.

If they're willing to do a bit more South American experimenting, then I find it quite bizarre that Orluis Aular is still available. And they were linked to João Rodrigues at the end of the Volta, but how realistic that is remains to be seen, remembering the Alejandro Marque fiasco. Or do they go completely batguano and take a flier on Vicente García de Mateos?

Is Castrilo's manager Acquadro?
I think that Movistar has 22 riders in this moment for next season.

Prades and Erviti are not at the list.

Where are you seeing a list for next year?

This is the list I've seen and it's 20 riders including Erviti. Prades isn't on the list, so didn't know he'd re-signed yet. https://firstcycling.com/team.php?l=17534 If he has that would be 21. They still need a few more.

Don't know what Castrillo's manager is.
When Mr Unzue said they blacklisted Acquadro, he said they wouldn't negotiate with any riders he has.
I'm sure there are other riders out there who would be very good helpers who are not associated with Acquadro who happen to be Spaniards and Movistar may take an interest in. They also may be willing to take a look at a rider outside of the Spanish riders as well. Lizarte may have another rider or two they may be looking at as well. Although they are wanting to turn Valverde's entire amateur program into a full feeder team/system for them, there's really only 1 rider on that U-23/elite amateur team that might be ready for a pro contract. That would Miguel Angel Ballesteros (raced with Contador's team last year). He was 1 of 2 of Valverde Team's riders to get a spot to race in the elite Spanish National Championship race where he finished about 50 seconds down to Valverde and Sanchez. I think he could be ready for a pro team, but I don't think he's ready for a WT team.

Reactions: Joomla10
" Nicolas Sessler at Burgos-BH and António Soto and Dzmitry Zhyhunou at Euskadi for example. They'll be helpers only, sure, but they'll also be riders whose strengths and weaknesses will be known by the Abarcá setup."

[/QUOTE]

Sessler will be very happy to renew with Burgos and continue in Europe. He shares a apartment with Higuita and EF could be more than he hope for. Movistar would be stelar..

I thought it was Katusha and Israel Cycling Academy or the team that MvdP rides for. It seems no one knows what is going on with Katusha. Direct Energie appears likely to be the 2nd Pro Conti team to get the new WT license for next year without needing to merge.

And I still think they should try to get Colgate to replace Alpecin as their brand-sponsor, and then have Politt take Kittel's place as the front-figure in those ads! (Though it seems recently they've gotten Zabel to play the main role.)

I had secret hopes he would sign for a team that could give him a few more chances to ride for himself in big races. Three years is a very long time.

After 3 years, Dunbar will be just turned 26. At that stage he’ll know better where he stands. If he has gc potential, no better place to be.

In the meantime, he’ll surely get his chances in the Ardennes and some week long stage races.

Ineos’ leaders are aging out, and he’ll be in a straight contest with Bernal, Sivakov, and Tao to see who will be the face of the team going forward. Meanwhile he has the job-security of riding for the biggest team in the sport.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Was about to ask the same. Guy barely has any results recorded on procyclingstats and that's assuming I was able to find the right one Brandon Rivera. :p
PCS only shows UCI races. He has plenty of victories in Colombia this year, including the Vuelta. That said, he's not good enough to be on a World Tour team, but he's Egan's childhood friend since the MTB days, so there's that.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS