• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cavendish leaving, so I guess they wanted another sprinter to replace him.

Sunweb have Matthews and Bol.
Walscheid has the raw power, but his size is probably beyond the point of diminishing returns. You should also sign a decent amount of bigger guys for his sprint train that can actually offer him a decent slipstream.
He could be a world class leadout man who gets to ride for himself in a race like Roubaix, like Sieberg.

Walscheid has the raw power, but his size is probably beyond the point of diminishing returns. You should also sign a decent amount of bigger guys for his sprint train that can actually offer him a decent slipstream.
He could be a world class leadout man who gets to ride for himself in a race like Roubaix, like Sieberg.

Yeah, in a team with a wordclass sprinter he could be a great lead-out.

But signing with DD he will get more own opportunities, and DD might be happy with getting a couple of wins in return in a season. They already have Nizzolo who has gotten them some results this season. More than you can say about the current version of Cavendish,

I certainly understand that reasoning, but surely someone like Stannard or Rowe would be a better bet. They would get more backing for the classics and Bahrain are light on rouleurs. One of the Yates twins - if they can be lured away from MTS - would be an even better option again.

Signing Cav will just be money down the drain and an insult to Haussler.

I certainly understand that reasoning, but surely someone like Stannard or Rowe would be a better bet. They would get more backing for the classics and Bahrain are light on rouleurs. One of the Yates twins - if they can be lured away from MTS - would be an even better option again.

The Yates twins have said a few times they are a package deal. Either none or both.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Signing Stannard would also be money down the drain. He may be a lower-profile rider than Cav but that doesn't change the fact the he has also descended to sub-par mediocrity the last couple of years.

Reactions: Grrr
The Yates twins have said a few times they are a package deal. Either none or both.

Long term the Yates can't continue to be a package deal - You may find Adam has a change of race program in 2020 so it will be interesting to see how he adapts - In saying that despite his disappointment at the TDF he has a record PCS points total for his career - There is every likelihood that Adam will be a different team in 2021 - It will be good to see Yates x 2 chasing each other up a mountain.

Reactions: Grrr
Well, it wasn't that bad the times he won Omloop, was it?
Well, it wasn't that bad the times he won Omloop, was it?

My avatar begs to differ. Stannard said he didn't raise his arms to celebrate because he'd fall off, he was that cold and tired. The second victory was in pretty good conditions though I think? His decline in the last couple of years has been saddening, and a bit mystifying given that he's only 32

My avatar begs to differ. Stannard said he didn't raise his arms to celebrate because he'd fall off, he was that cold and tired. The second victory was in pretty good conditions though I think? His decline in the last couple of years has been saddening, and a bit mystifying given that he's only 32

I agree. Even at the most irritating moments of Team Sky, Stannard was always a guy I liked to see win. It’s a pity that he’s had such an extended lean period.

Reactions: TMP402
I think it’s mystifying that Stannard’s only 32. He looks like a prototypical British mamil in his Wiki pic, and that’s from 3 years ago.

And even at that, 32 isn’t young for a guy who rode his first Giro 10 years ago, or who has a reputation for racking up big mileages over the course of his career, a lot of them spent on the front of a peloton protecting a Maillot Jaune.

Reactions: TMP402
Signing Stannard would also be money down the drain. He may be a lower-profile rider than Cav but that doesn't change the fact the he has also descended to sub-par mediocrity the last couple of years.
Knox, or maybe Hart would be an even better bet again, but neither are close to finishing their contracts and seem to be happy where they are. Knox looks to be turning into one seriously good rider.

TRENDING THREADS