• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 56 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Brailsford is an old hat at managing characters, he had Cav and Wiggo on the same team.
But they were top dog in each of their roles, with the understanding they had full freedom. Even then, Cavendish only stayed for one season.

Dennis would be lucky to get scraps, he'd be signing up solely for towmotor duty. Look at EBH and Castroviejo's results since moving there. Ineos has other priorities - Froome and Thomas, as well as developing the young guns Carapaz, Bernal, Sivakov, Sosa, Dunbar, Hart etc.

If Dennis wants to race for results, CCC is the far better team for him.

Reactions: yaco
Reactions: Koronin
But they were top dog in each of their roles, with the understanding they had full freedom. Even then, Cavendish only stayed for one season.

Dennis would be lucky to get scraps, he'd be signing up solely for towmotor duty. Look at EBH and Castroviejo's results since moving there. Ineos has other priorities - Froome and Thomas, as well as developing the young guns Carapaz, Bernal, Sivakov, Sosa, Dunbar, Hart etc.

If Dennis wants to race for results, CCC is the far better team for him.

Here's a potential schedule for him:

Nationals, TDU, Cadel, UAE, Tirreno, Romandie, Giro, Poland, Olympics, Vuelta

I see plenty of opportunities for success there.

The Hungarian PCT team (Epower) are officially launched according to PCS

I've only heard of four of the riders but don't really know much about the Italian domestic scene. Maybe some of the experts here can elaborate?

I’m not sure why this team is PCT. What races are they going to get into that they wouldn’t get into as a CT team?

I've only heard of four of the riders but don't really know much about the Italian domestic scene. Maybe some of the experts here can elaborate?

Not quite. They've added the team on their database due to follower-request. However, it's actually against their policy, as they usually only add transfers - and I suppose that counts for teams as well - after official statements.

Reactions: postmanhat

Honestly i only know about six of the riders. I don't follow amateur/u23 scene so most of the roster is unknown but it looks like a decent team for CT / domestic italian races, and a very weak PCT team, probably the worst professional team in a close fight with the disgusting Burgos BH (excluding Novo Nordisk).

Atapuma seems to be well past his prime but could be good for Tour of the Alps and mountain one day races (Appennino and similar autumn semi-classics). Stacchiotti is a fast sprinter, though very limited in his climbing and has low endurance, Zurlo is a weird but interesting rider (he has decent uphill performances combined with periods of awful climbing and powerful sprint finishes). Toffali and Kamberaj and below-par CT riders. Rest are unknown to me.

It would be shameful for RCS to invite them to the Giro.

It also was a shame to invite Israel (2018). Therefore it wouldn't surprise me, if the Epowers team gets invited for the same reason (ICA->Israel, Epowers->Hungary). First it was reported that Kometa (wanted to go PCT bc of this) had the invite kind of secured, then the EPowers team popped up and the reports were that they would get the invite.

I know there’s a strong tradition of teams seeming to just buy a Giro invite but every team so far has at the very least had to be able to send a semi decent squad.

not really, on paper maybe, but CCC in 2015 basically just had Grega Bela for a couple of Top 15s and Gazprom was rescued by Foliforov going ballistic the year after.

If Epowers really can get someone like Brambilla (or Pozzovivo) and a somewhat decent sprinter (which should be no problem, there are enough of those on the market - Modolo, Pasqualon, Battaglin, Lobato, Sbaragli, Guardini...), they are at least on level with this.

TRENDING THREADS