• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers "Rumours & Reality" and Young Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps it's a good idea to keep track of moves of cyclists, when they sign for a new team, or when youngsters make the move to a bigger team. Hearsay, gossip, rumours, inside information, for your eyes only documents, dump it here. Leaks, and moles are the most appreciated people in this thread.

As was reported today, Columbia is about to/has signed Jan Bakelants (Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator) and Jan Ghyselink (Beveren 2000). I also read that Tejay van Garderen (Rabobank CT) just signed a contract till 2011 with Columbia.

Columbia seems to be keen on signing the talents of the future. I wonder what all teams who trained them to become a pro think of that...

PS> perhaps we could sticky this?

Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
Good thread
icon14.gif

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Uncle Bob said he wasn't worried about losing men to Team Sky, because if they can get more money, they should take it and he said the riders who want to join outweight the riders who leave.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Dehaes never really did anything at Katusha did he? I hope he can find his sprint again now that he will be back on a Belgium team.

Regarding Columbia...they really are signing a lot of young talent. As someone stated earlier, they must be releasing riders to make room as they don't have an unlimited budget. It will be interesting to see who will go and to where.

van Gardaren leaving Rabo is a little surprise. With his good results this year I would have thought they would have made more of a play for him...maybe they did and Columbia just offered more? Any insight into this?

Great thread!!

Bala Verde said:
As was reported today, Columbia is about to/has signed Jan Bakelants (Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator) and Jan Ghyselink (Beveren 2000). I also read that Tejay van Garderen (Rabobank CT) just signed a contract till 2011 with Columbia.

If i'm not wrong,Bakelants won the Tour de l'Avenir last year,while Van Garderen took the honours in the Circuito Montanes a few days ago.
Good signings.
I wonder when will Adriano Malori be signed by a PT team,he already won the u-23 worlds and the europeans in the TT so far.:rolleyes:
Spain's Rafael Valls would be a future prospect for stage races too.;)

Meanwhile,looking at the continental teams,i notice three excellent stage racers and climbers who didn't get a top team contract yet.:eek:
Poland's Przemyslaw Niemiec just won the Route du Sud,and he is a real mountain goat.His palmares include stage wins atop the Port de Bales and Luchon Superbagneres,and also won at Pampeago in Giro del Trentino,dropping Ivan Basso in the final km. He's 29.
Finally,two spanish guys,Hector Guerra and Sergio Pardilla.;)
Guerra's TT is very good,as is his climbing,just look at the Tour of Portugal's overall ranking in recent years,riding for Liberty Seguros.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
TRDean said:
Regarding Columbia...they really are signing a lot of young talent. As someone stated earlier, they must be releasing riders to make room as they don't have an unlimited budget. It will be interesting to see who will go and to where.

Great thread!!

I think that with the salary of one GT contender they can sign tens of youngsters. The younger riders shouldn't cost that much anyway so I don't think they'll overspend by hiring these riders.

If they are letting someone go maybe it's Rogers...?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
RdBiker said:
I think that with the salary of one GT contender they can sign tens of youngsters. The younger riders shouldn't cost that much anyway so I don't think they'll overspend by hiring these riders.

If they are letting someone go maybe it's Rogers...?

rogers prolly doesn't come cheap and isn't really a contender anywhere anymore. they would be crazy to let sivtsov go. that guy is gonna win a lot of races in the upcoming years.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Perhaps it's a good idea to keep track of moves of cyclists, when they sign for a new team, or when youngsters make the move to a bigger team. Hearsay, gossip, rumours, inside information, for your eyes only documents, dump it here. Leaks, and moles are the most appreciated people in this thread.

Columbia seems to be keen on signing the talents of the future. I wonder what all teams who trained them to become a pro think of that...

PS> perhaps we could sticky this?

Where do y'all think Contador is going? He's not staying at Astanalivestrongmellowjohnny'slance's team

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Pietro said:
Where do y'all think Contador is going? He's not staying at Astanalivestrongmellowjohnny'slance's team
I think the rumors have been Caisse. With Valverde's problems it's making more sense each day. I wish he could leave before the TDF starts.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
I rather see Contador in another team than Astana. I think the Tour than would be more exciting. And if Valverde is not competing, Caisse would be perfect for Contador, with great help from his friend, Luis Leon Sanchez.

TRDean said:
van Gardaren leaving Rabo is a little surprise. With his good results this year I would have thought they would have made more of a play for him...maybe they did and Columbia just offered more? Any insight into this?

Sounds like he really wanted to move to a Pro Tour team next year and couldn't get a guarantee from Rabo Continental as they have a bunch of young Dutch talent all wanting to do the same and there's limited space on the big squad.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
jaylew said:
Sounds like he really wanted to move to a Pro Tour team next year and couldn't get a guarantee from Rabo Continental as they have a bunch of young Dutch talent all wanting to do the same and there's limited space on the big squad.

That's what Tejay said as well. I think a good opportunity came along, and he didn't want to run the risk not making the RAB team.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Kenny Dehaes (KAT), 24 yrs, just signed a contract with Silence-Lotto as per July 1st. His first race for SIL will be in the Td Denmark.

Lots of Belgians on the move...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Michel Kreder (RAB CT), 21 years, makes a move to Garmin Slipstream.

He will be (re)united with his brother Raymond Kreder, as well as other Dutchmen Riccardo Van der velde, Martijn Maaskant, Huub Duyn, Hans Dekkers as well as T. Farar, C. Vandevelde and B. Wiggins. Vaughters expects him to play a role in hilly, Ardennes classics like races preferably with the finish at on an ascent.

Hmm, how many youngsters will actually continue to ride for Rabobank...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS